Training: Positive or negative experience?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to
I have a CJO from another regional. I am now hearing that their training department is extremely unprofessional and poorly standardized, and fail rates are very high. Lots of negative experiences, even from those who didn't fail. This isn't just from forums but from direct contact I've had with FOs who went through it. Looking at other regionals now and Republic bases are next closest to my house. How did you feel about your training experience? Was it very professional and standardized? Did they set you up for success? Thanks!
Quote: I have a CJO from another regional. I am now hearing that their training department is extremely unprofessional and poorly standardized, and fail rates are very high. Lots of negative experiences, even from those who didn't fail. This isn't just from forums but from direct contact I've had with FOs who went through it. Looking at other regionals now and Republic bases are next closest to my house. How did you feel about your training experience? Was it very professional and standardized? Did they set you up for success? Thanks!
I had an overall exceptional experience with some fantastic instructors, with one exception. It was streamlined, and the only delay was between the checkride and initial operating experience. For the most part, all of my friends had similar experiences, and I don’t believe anyone in my class washed out. Take that for whatever it’s worth.
Quote: I had an overall exceptional experience with some fantastic instructors, with one exception. It was streamlined, and the only delay was between the checkride and initial operating experience. For the most part, all of my friends had similar experiences, and I don’t believe anyone in my class washed out. Take that for whatever it’s worth.
it was great when I went though initial a few years ago. Just did upgrade and it's even better now that everything's AQP
Not a bad experience, but you still have to do your part. The instructors will help if you ask, but they won't hold your hand. Training will wear you out, but study what they tell you to and give yourself breaks. The only delay is a 4-5 week wait between LOE and IOE.
Quote: Not a bad experience, but you still have to do your part. The instructors will help if you ask, but they won't hold your hand. Training will wear you out, but study what they tell you to and give yourself breaks. The only delay is a 4-5 week wait between LOE and IOE.
Wonder how long that delay will remain. Maybe indefinitely...
Quote: Wonder how long that delay will remain. Maybe indefinitely...
Doesn’t really matter as you are PAID during this lull timeframe
Quote: Wonder how long that delay will remain. Maybe indefinitely...
During the meeting with NH for the Jan classes, they said that they have a pretty large number of CA going through CKA training now so those in Jan classes shouldn’t see a delay or a large delay at that. Anything can change, but it’s worth throwing it out there.
Quote: Doesn’t really matter as you are PAID during this lull timeframe
Sure but right after training it'd be nice to get in the actual plane and reinforce everything I've learned without excessive delay
Quote: Sure but right after training it'd be nice to get in the actual plane and reinforce everything I've learned without excessive delay
I used the time to jumpseat. I did 4 (about 1 a week) and it was very helpful. Be polite and professional to the captain when asking if you can occupy the JS. There are times he/she may tell you not today.
Quote: I used the time to jumpseat. I did 4 (about 1 a week) and it was very helpful. Be polite and professional to the captain when asking if you can occupy the JS. There are times he/she may tell you not today.
Ah wow, that's actually a really good idea, thanks
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to