ORD

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 11 of 16
Go to
Quote: I still can’t believe he said that, what a stunning lack of intelligence.
FTFY
How many pilots were (are) in the ORD base?
81 CA and 77 FO.
Quote: 81 CA and 77 FO.
thank you very much
Can anyone take a guess as to what pairings will look like at other bases since ORD had the most number of multi-day trips? For example, would ATL or TPA get more multi-day trips because of this?
Quote: Can anyone take a guess as to what pairings will look like at other bases since ORD had the most number of multi-day trips? For example, would ATL or TPA get more multi-day trips because of this?
My guess is that not much will change. Except for ATL it is our smallest base and that flying will get absorbed by the other 7 bases easily. Routes and total flying get bumped around from base to base each month so with 8% of our total hour getting absorbed by 7 bases... don't blink.
Quote: Can anyone take a guess as to what pairings will look like at other bases since ORD had the most number of multi-day trips?
Yes.

Quote: For example, would ATL or TPA get more multi-day trips because of this?
No.

The company will continue to reduce overnights and build day-turns whenever possible to reduce hotel/per diem costs. Closing ORD is a perfect opportunity for that.
Quote: Yes.

No.

The company will continue to reduce overnights and build day-turns whenever possible to reduce hotel/per diem costs. Closing ORD is a perfect opportunity for that.

This is correct. Also, our overnights mostly suck. I don’t say that as a typical whiny pilot, but seriously…hotel costs are a huge focus of the company and an overnight in Cleveland is a lot cheaper than Cabo. You’ll likely see a lot of day turns and some overnights in places like LAS where you end the trip on a red-eye to ATL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So why would we close ORD and pay expenses to the pilots? Spirt has a nice presence in ORD. Does this mean they are going to close ORD again? They knew this was coming obviously. What gives?
Quote: So why would we close ORD and pay expenses to the pilots? Spirt has a nice presence in ORD. Does this mean they are going to close ORD again? They knew this was coming obviously. What gives?
Because they needed to staff ATL quickly without draining down the other bases and ORD was the most sensible sacrifice. Spirit’s pilot base will provide coverage for the area again, in due time. But for now they would rather have ATL going.
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 11 of 16
Go to