Post-F9/NK Merger Announcement Attrition

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to
How’s it going in Frontier world?

It’s hard to say if attrition has actually increased at Spirit just yet, but anecdotally, we have a lot of people putting applications out that were otherwise staying at Spirit pre-merger announcement.
Quote: How’s it going in Frontier world?

It’s hard to say if attrition has actually increased at Spirit just yet, but anecdotally, we have a lot of people putting applications out that were otherwise staying at Spirit pre-merger announcement.
You’ve actually flown with guys who said they had not planned on leaving, but now that a merger has been announced they are fishing for a new job?

I’m curious how they rationalize a merger to being the catalyst.
Quote: You’ve actually flown with guys who said they had not planned on leaving, but now that a merger has been announced they are fishing for a new job?

I’ve had it the exact opposite. Guys that I’ve flown with getting their apps out now want to see how this plays out. On another note, Spirit can’t be that desperate. They just turned down two guys I know with 121 PIC time and over 5000 hours.
Quote: You’ve actually flown with guys who said they had not planned on leaving, but now that a merger has been announced they are fishing for a new job?

merger delays contract. attrition continues and accelerates. Growth stalls. F9NK become the bottom choice for Pilots. attrition increases. vicious cycle.

Get out before the cockroaches
Quote: I’m curious how they rationalize a merger to being the catalyst.
Mergers are messy & many at NK were happy to be rid of Franke. Both airlines have substandard contracts. Both are struggling with attrition. The legacies are hiring like mad. Its just one more thing tipping the scales.
Quote: Mergers are messy & many at NK were happy to be rid of Franke. Both airlines have substandard contracts. Both are struggling with attrition. The legacies are hiring like mad. Its just one more thing tipping the scales.
Exactly this. The sentiment is real @ NK. Seems like F9 guys are happier about this than the NK guys.

Because the merger was made for growth and sustainability. Otherwise they would stagnate. They were not put together so that they can give a better pilot contract. Add in the new atp program , the potential bade closure and a undercut regional contract. Yeah. I'm out and I'm not alone for these reasons
Quote: I’ve had it the exact opposite. Guys that I’ve flown with getting their apps out now want to see how this plays out. On another note, Spirit can’t be that desperate. They just turned down two guys I know with 121 PIC time and over 5000 hours.
That's simply because he can get hired at a major. That new a320 type would probably just push it right over. I'm sure they are hiring preferably age 50+ or below 3000 no pic. The less attractive group to get hired by a real company
Quote: Exactly this. The sentiment is real @ NK. Seems like F9 guys are happier about this than the NK guys.
Probably because f9 sounds like a ****tier place to work.
Quote: merger delays contract. attrition continues and accelerates. Growth stalls. F9NK become the bottom choice for Pilots. attrition increases. vicious cycle.

Get out before the cockroaches
That's completely wrong.

The merger accelerates the next contract. They can't merge the groups without a joint contract. And this time we will be the 3rd biggest ALPA carrier. Expect a better contract sooner
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to