Strike Vote by membership

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Quote: I'm curious about the 51 who didn’t cast any vote. Was it user error or their way to abstain?
In the old days I think a non-vote counted as a no-vote. That changed a few years ago, now a non-vote doesn't count either way. That's for union drives, not sure if it counts for this.
strike vote
I take no heartache at disagreement, you have a right to your opinion. Right now the Union is literally trying to save the Company from itself. I have a huge problem with bob undermining a whole unified effort because of that disagreement. I'm sure the 35 that voted NO to authorize were office pilots, or most were would be my guess.
Beyond the message this sends to management- this should send a clear signal to new hires to steer clear.

Under 1 year seniority on probation with a pilot group at a 99% strike vote and the biggest wave or hiring to come in the history of aviation, you'd be crazy to stay. United is probably getting their servers overwhelmed with applications from ALK FOs. My last 3 fos(not even probbies) had applied elsewhere with 2 having class dates. They also planned to give no 2 week notice as Alaska does not allow them to rescind as proven during covid.

Good on the ual CEO for seeing the reality of the coming pilot shortage. I fear for our companies survival if we don't beat ual narrow body rates considering they are putting new hires in wide bodies.
So any rumors on the tone of the meetings this week?
Congrats guys on the vote and unity! Best wishes and good luck.
Impressive. Hopefully this will wake up your management.
Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome job for the Alaska pilot group. I hope my own union can demonstrate the same fortitude as we go through the same sort of negotiations.
To me this vote proves that Alaska could be a great place to work. The one thing standing in the way of that is management's unwillingness to negotiate in good faith and give its pilots not just an industry leading contract but an industry standard contract. I think most of us new hires came to Alaska because its better than a regional but 8/10 new hires are interviewing or actively seeking other employment. The other 2/10 will get the kick in the rear on reserve and will start updating their apps.

4/4 stars for the pilot group
1/4 stars for management (do not recommend)
Quote: To me this vote proves that Alaska could be a great place to work. The one thing standing in the way of that is management's unwillingness to negotiate in good faith and give its pilots not just an industry leading contract but an industry standard contract. I think most of us new hires came to Alaska because its better than a regional but 8/10 new hires are interviewing or actively seeking other employment. The other 2/10 will get the kick in the rear on reserve and will start updating their apps.

4/4 stars for the pilot group
1/4 stars for management (do not recommend)
I will say it again.
If you’re going to be gone from your home, your place of comfort, why not get compensated to the maximum.

Why would anyone want to work at a place that pays the lowest.
DL, UAL, AA, UPS, FedEx, SWA, Jet Blue.
They’re all hiring & pay better.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to