What’s competitive nowadays?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to
What’s competitive these days…. A pulse?
Quote: What’s competitive these days…. A pulse?
Regional CA 3000TT 500 TPIC 4 year degree 0 Internal LOR. Nothing yet.
Quote: Regional CA 3000TT 500 TPIC 4 year degree 0 Internal LOR. Nothing yet.
That 0 Internal Recs is what’s stopping you. You look just like every one of the other 10000 applications.

Get some Recs or go to a conference
Quote: That 0 Internal Recs is what’s stopping you. You look just like every one of the other 10000 applications.

Get some Recs or go to a conference
AA does not have 10,000 qualified applicants. There's aren't even a total of 10,000 in the entire industry because most applicant have applied to multiple airlines.

Realistic numbers are 3000-5000 at any given time and that pool is rapidly draining.
Quote: AA does not have 10,000 qualified applicants. There's aren't even a total of 10,000 in the entire industry because most applicant have applied to multiple airlines.

Realistic numbers are 3000-5000 at any given time and that pool is rapidly draining.
And the big 6 are hiring at the rate of 9,000 this year.
Sub-30 yo

Regional CA
4000 TT
1200 TPIC
Master Degree
1 internal
No 121 failures, but CFI initial check failure
Rsv Mil officer

Used app review company

Make sure letters of rec on file are fairly recent and relevant. I had crew members I flew with in both seats write letters for me to help build a bigger picture.

Good luck everyone!
Bah, I'm about a month away from availability and haven't gotten a call from AA.
I'm a military IP with >2,500 hours and >1,000 PIC. I have five internal recs.

United called with one internal rec, but still nothing from AA. Heck, Envoy called. *shrug*
Quote: Bah, I'm about a month away from availability and haven't gotten a call from AA.

United called with one internal rec, but still nothing from AA. Heck, Envoy called. *shrug*
Take UA and don’t look back.
Lol I remember not too many years ago a thread like this would have devolved into a discussion about volunteer activities, “giving back”, diversity workshops, and charitable contributions. If the applicant in question was a bit older & maybe 10,000+ hours with lot’s of heavy time the term “overqualified” would eventually be mentioned.

How times have changed….
Quote: Bah, I'm about a month away from availability and haven't gotten a call from AA.

If you interested in AA. Get the CJO from United and send to AA in a polite way. Most probably you will get the invite from AA.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to