Cathay Closes US bases

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
There is one Aussie ex-CP in my class. Another couple ex-Emirates.
I think their E3 is issued for two years initially and renewable as many times as their employer wants to.
As a former CP guy, I can’t see how any American pilot would stay or choose to transfer to HK.

With all the airlines hiring, why would anyone choose to return after their base closing.
Quote: As a former CP guy, I can’t see how any American pilot would stay or choose to transfer to HK.

With all the airlines hiring, why would anyone choose to return after their base closing.
For the hotel lockdowns of course!
Quote: For the hotel lockdowns of course!
SlamClickers paradise!
Any updates here? I know the US bases are still closed but have things gotten any better at Cathay or is it still a dumpster fire?
Quote: Any updates here? I know the US bases are still closed but have things gotten any better at Cathay or is it still a dumpster fire?
Still an absolute dumpster fire, best bet to steer clear especially if you have the right to work in the US. Still a steady flow of people leaving and heading to the desert/Aus/US. Lots of the new hires at CX are failing the initial sim training.
Quote: Still an absolute dumpster fire, best bet to steer clear especially if you have the right to work in the US. Still a steady flow of people leaving and heading to the desert/Aus/US. Lots of the new hires at CX are failing the initial sim training.

Truly a shame, a historic airline and an amazing city. Guess I'll stay here in the states. I appreciate the reply.
Can someone share their recent payscale?

heard cathay pilots are making tons of money thesedays..
Quote: Can someone share their recent payscale?

heard cathay pilots are making tons of money thesedays..
And if they are willing, share it on a private message to Rickair7777. He can then send it on to update the Cathay Pacific page here. It is majorly out of date.
Cathay awarded their pilots a 50% paycut eff. 5 November 21, so no, they are not making tons of money.

Hence why they've lost 40% of their pilots and still have 50% of their 777 fleet parked in central Australia.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to