ERJ 145...headset recommendation

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
I'm glad to say I'll be starting training in the E145 for CHQ next month. I got a bit ahead of myself and bought a passive jet-type headset a few months ago (plantronics MS260)...I figure if I don't use it in this airplane, maybe I'll use it on another type down the road. From what I've heard the E145 is pretty noisy...is it common to wear the standard GA-type headsets on board? My old CFI headset may see a few more years of use
Most people use the DC's and I have never seen anybody wear anything other than the over-ear type. The cockpit is noisier than other jets, but more quiet than any GA twin I ever flew.
Just use the DCs that they provide in the airplanes. You'll want to save weight in your flight kit for all the charts you'll have to carry for places like Seattle, Pasco, San Francisco, San Diego, Cuba, and other places you'll never go.
Quote: Just use the DCs that they provide in the airplanes.
Um. Eewww. That just what I would want to be doing. Sharing hair gel and earwax with the rest of the pilot group.
I use the sennheiser HMEC - 25 stereo. Awesome headset, much smaller than a DC... Great ANR. Only downside is the batteries need to be replaced once per 4 day. I mitigated the expense by just buying a set of rechargables. I keep 4 sets with me @ all times.... Just to be safe. If the batteries crap out, you still get okay reduction with just the passive over the ear setup... Plus they are small enough to fit inside of my flight kit, without doing anything funny. Check them out, they are pretty nice...
I use BOSE, and they are GREAT.... With 2 AA batteries I fly for 4 days Approx.. 24 hrs of battery life with the noise canceling turned ON... It's just GREAT, I highly recommend BOSE....
i don't know how some of you guys use the same headset, why not wear the same underwear?
Telex 5x5 Pro III's with custom earmolds are very comfortable on long days.
Telex Airmen 850, or 750's: noise canceling, no stupid batteries, very light and most importantly, doesn't mess up the hair........
Quote: Telex Airmen 850, or 750's: noise canceling, no stupid batteries, very light and most importantly, doesn't mess up the hair........
I bet they also fit nicely in that backpack!
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to