Stolen C90 in Tupelo, MS

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Many years ago I put a single engine air tanker on a hillside during a fire, following an engine failure. A deputy sheriff who responded on site commented that it was a crash. I corrected him: it was a successful forced landing.

We used the airplane again.

It is very possible to have more takeoffs than landings, especially if one doesn't come back down with the airplane. There are millions of folks in that category.
I gave a biannual to an expired pilot once in a skydiving airplane.
I signed the pilot off in the air and bailed out.
I took off as pilot in command.
Never landed it...

Quote: Many years ago I put a single engine air tanker on a hillside during a fire, following an engine failure. A deputy sheriff who responded on site commented that it was a crash. I corrected him: it was a successful forced landing.

We used the airplane again.

It is very possible to have more takeoffs than landings, especially if one doesn't come back down with the airplane. There are millions of folks in that category.
Bingo.

I had the unfortunate outcome of exiting the airplane years ago and neither landing in the airplane, nor under canopy. I did spend some quality time in intensive care, though.

I always wanted to solo a student from the downwind; get out and let them continue and land. One of these days...
Quote: Bingo.

I had the unfortunate outcome of exiting the airplane years ago and neither landing in the airplane, nor under canopy. I did spend some quality time in intensive care, though.
What happened to the canopy?
Long story. Bad spot, mountainous terrain, spinning malfunction, high winds, and impacted a cliff. Split my helmet, arm and leg, etc. I woke up in an emergency unit, and vaguely remember a doctor running a needle in and out of my arm near my elbow. I felt it. He asked if I felt it. I said I did, he said it didn't matter, I wouldn't remember, and I passed out, woke up in an ICU, apparently speaking spanish (not my native tongue).

Definitely didn't land it, kind of got interrupted by a mountainside on the way down.
Quote: Long story. Bad spot, mountainous terrain, spinning malfunction, high winds, and impacted a cliff. Split my helmet, arm and leg, etc. I woke up in an emergency unit, and vaguely remember a doctor running a needle in and out of my arm near my elbow. I felt it. He asked if I felt it. I said I did, he said it didn't matter, I wouldn't remember, and I passed out, woke up in an ICU, apparently speaking spanish (not my native tongue).

Definitely didn't land it, kind of got interrupted by a mountainside on the way down.
At least the helmet worked!
Some who know me might argue that point.
Quote: Some who know me might argue that point.
Now that there is funny, I don’t care who you are!
It is remarkable to me that the kid actually got the thing started without burning up the engines -hot starting the PT-6s…🧐
What makes you think he didn't?
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to