What happens Sept 1,2024?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to
Quote: I've heard the same rumors from other sources. Still haven't found anyone who can substantiate them.
I've heard the rumors as well, I don't rely on people to substantiate. Fact, I have not read anywhere in the contract where it states pay is tied to any airline. If you have, then state section and paragraph, otherwise it falls into the I heard it from a reliable source trash can.
Quote: As a former Captain at PDT, who is contemplating a return, Im curious as to what everyone thinks will happen after this temporary wage hike ends. Will it stay or go?
Surprised they haven’t started a program to bring back former pilots.
No Open Time Anymore
Quote: Surprised they haven’t started a program to bring back former pilots.
They don't need to, they have tons of guys in training with 121 time waiting on sims now. Try picking up a reserve day from open time, it gets denied even at straight pay. Piedmont is overstaffed right now on the FO side, and soon will be overstaffed on the captain side. They are paying these wages because the overtime savings make it almost cost neutral to AA. There isn't any super critical and the critical OT is fake. If you try to pick it up it'll get denied because they have enough reserve coverage.

The way open time works at this company is like 1995, you have to submit a form that gets looked at after 3pm the following day. If they decide they don't need the open time anymore, they just deny your request and that's it. No recourse contractually. Other companies you can pick it up electronically. Supposedly they are working on modernizing it through FLICA later this year.

TLDR, only come here now if you want to sit reserve and make min guarantee. The opportunity to make extra is only for check airman and instructors. It might change later but that's how it is right now. The reserve is mostly Short Call Reserve (2 hour call out) and up to 8 days a month airport standby (max 8 hours a day). There is now a requirement for 15% of reserve lines to be Long Call (12 hour callout) but the contract says they can convert all your long call days to short call. So it's trash unless you live in base.
Quote: Would not surprise me if they keep the pay up indefinitely while at the same time telling mainline they have no money.
Meanwhile United keeps grabbing up all the PDT, PSA, and ENY pilots...to fly packed 737s and 320s with real career progression but at only slightly higher pay than AAs W/O...

Well played AA, well played.
Quote: They don't need to, they have tons of guys in training with 121 time waiting on sims now. Try picking up a reserve day from open time, it gets denied even at straight pay. Piedmont is overstaffed right now on the FO side, and soon will be overstaffed on the captain side. They are paying these wages because the overtime savings make it almost cost neutral to AA. There isn't any super critical and the critical OT is fake. If you try to pick it up it'll get denied because they have enough reserve coverage.

The way open time works at this company is like 1995, you have to submit a form that gets looked at after 3pm the following day. If they decide they don't need the open time anymore, they just deny your request and that's it. No recourse contractually. Other companies you can pick it up electronically. Supposedly they are working on modernizing it through FLICA later this year.

TLDR, only come here now if you want to sit reserve and make min guarantee. The opportunity to make extra is only for check airman and instructors. It might change later but that's how it is right now. The reserve is mostly Short Call Reserve (2 hour call out) and up to 8 days a month airport standby (max 8 hours a day). There is now a requirement for 15% of reserve lines to be Long Call (12 hour callout) but the contract says they can convert all your long call days to short call. So it's trash unless you live in base.
PDT has always been min days off for min guarantee. However, Its worse than normal. 5 year captains are sitting reserve in Philly.
Flight Kit
Sorry to thread hijack but I am not allowed to start new threads. Does anyone know the dimensions of the flight kit box on the FO side. I’m looking at getting a Contrail FL440 but I fear it is too big.

I have a luggage works cube but it is a little small for me. Let me know what y’all think/use on the 145!
Quote: Sorry to thread hijack but I am not allowed to start new threads. Does anyone know the dimensions of the flight kit box on the FO side. I’m looking at getting a Contrail FL440 but I fear it is too big.

I have a luggage works cube but it is a little small for me. Let me know what y’all think/use on the 145!
Works okay with a stuffed LW stealth electronics flight bag. Looks like there’s .5in difference in width between that and the contrail…
Quote: Works okay with a stuffed LW stealth electronics flight bag. Looks like there’s .5in difference in width between that and the contrail…
does the depth matter much or is it plenty deep? The contrail they have in stock is

17 wide by 9 deep and 13 inches tall
Reserve Questions
Quote: PDT has always been min days off for min guarantee. However, Its worse than normal. 5 year captains are sitting reserve in Philly.
New hire here. Kinda wandering what the reserve time for FOs is looking like right now. Also are people upgrading within the 1.5-2 years that seems to be advertised everywhere? I’m wanting to be Charlotte based and I’m really trying to see if I’ll be sitting and not flying for an eternity or if I’ll actually get to hold some lines.

Thanks.
Quote: Piedmont? They have separate books from their parent, AA.
No they don't. They are a burden (for lack of a better word) on the AA balance sheet. Whatever it costs PDT to complete their mission, AA gives them that exact amount. PDT does not make a "profit" like a traditional FFD carrier.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to