Silver Airways 2023

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 12
Go to
A post to replace/continue the main "Silver Airways" thread now that it has stopped accepting replies.
Quote: A post to replace/continue the main "Silver Airways" thread now that it has stopped accepting replies.
New Year New Thread….look forward to learning more
Should really get its own subforum
Quote: Should really get its own subforum
I forgot the reason that the moderators said they couldn’t or wouldn’t but at least we have this one…
Quote: I forgot the reason that the moderators said they couldn’t or wouldn’t but at least we have this one…
When I worked with nmarconato to set up the regionals sub forums (previous it was all in one “grab bag”), we agreed there would be a cut line of at least a certain number of pilots (we used CommutAir as the threshold). While others had just one thread, a few had a handful. The ones which passed the threshold all had dozens.

So, that is where we agreed to draw the line. The moderators have stayed with that plan.

nmarconato was thinking the number we started with was almost too large. I predicted several regionals would go belly up or merge, thus reducing the list. So far, 3 have. I expect some more will, as well. That will make it a more manageable list. I suggested we add an “Others” to keep smaller regionals from being in the vast “grad bag” that remained.
Is the schedule still 5 on 5 off for the cargo operation? Are people sticking with flying that life or trying to switch back to passenger ASAP? New ATRs on Cargo, or old ones?

Thanks!
Quote: Is the schedule still 5 on 5 off for the cargo operation? Are people sticking with flying that life or trying to switch back to passenger ASAP? New ATRs on Cargo, or old ones?

Thanks!
I don't work there but talking with the recruiter (screener) just the other day, cargo is usually 5 and 5. Sounded like commuting, QOL, etc. is the factor most consider from the questions I had asked.
Quote: Is the schedule still 5 on 5 off for the cargo operation? Are people sticking with flying that life or trying to switch back to passenger ASAP? New ATRs on Cargo, or old ones?

Thanks!
Yeah, it’s 5 on / off. ATR 72-500s. It’s a mix of people who want to stay, they’re hiring more and more local people.
Is the cargo ops 135?
No all ops are 121
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 12
Go to