2023 Monthly Vacancy Projection Chat

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11  51 
Page 1 of 59
Go to
March Vacancy Projection is out.

68 NH to BWI. I get further and further away from holding a line despite my seniority slightly increasing every month…
Aside from that ATL guy going to his final resting spot...no big changes from last month that I'm seeing. OAK is virtually unchanged
Quote: 68 NH to BWI. I get further and further away from holding a line despite my seniority slightly increasing every month…
BWI is the new OAK. That was our reality for years.
Quote: 68 NH to BWI. I get further and further away from holding a line despite my seniority slightly increasing every month…
I hope SWAPA is working to change this. There’s no reason you should have to lose what your seniority can hold because the company decides where to shove new hires. If training wants new hires consolidated, training should have to buy the trips off whoever holds the ones they need.
Quote: I hope SWAPA is working to change this. There’s no reason you should have to lose what your seniority can hold because the company decides where to shove new hires. If training wants new hires consolidated, training should have to buy the trips off whoever holds the ones they need.
That would require changing the contract...
Quote: Aside from that ATL guy going to his final resting spot...no big changes from last month that I'm seeing. OAK is virtually unchanged
Not surprised. Feb is a great month to be in a nice warm simulator and not deicing in LaGuardia. It’s also a good month to set as your base month for CQT. It’s a lousy month to make money as a line pilot. I figured things would go pretty senior for February training.

My prediction is that the April bid (March training) goes a bit more junior because people won’t want to screw up their spring break plans by letting training scheduling have their way with them.

Then it’ll go senior again for May and June bids (training in April and May) before the massive tidal wave of Juniority beginning with the July bid and lasting until September after the conclusion of vacation bidding.
Quote: Not surprised. Feb is a great month to be in a nice warm simulator and not deicing in LaGuardia. It’s also a good month to set as your base month for CQT. It’s a lousy month to make money as a line pilot. I figured things would go pretty senior for February training.

My prediction is that the April bid (March training) goes a bit more junior because people won’t want to screw up their spring break plans by letting training scheduling have their way with them.

Then it’ll go senior again for May and June bids (training in April and May) before the massive tidal wave of Juniority beginning with the July bid and lasting until September after the conclusion of vacation bidding.
That all makes sense. But with as many that bypassed in Jan, I expected a few more to bypass in Feb. Still early in the projections...
Quote: BWI is the new OAK. That was our reality for years.
Not anything close to OAK seniority wise on the Captain side sadly.
Quote: Not surprised. Feb is a great month to be in a nice warm simulator and not deicing in LaGuardia. It’s also a good month to set as your base month for CQT. It’s a lousy month to make money as a line pilot. I figured things would go pretty senior for February training.

Hoping I can sneak in to the May or June bid (April/May training). I want nothing to do with summer training. Still 350ish globally away from my base based on that projection. Individual vacancy shows 50 ahead of me so we’ll see.
1  2  3  4  5  11  51 
Page 1 of 59
Go to