Language Errata

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
48 "soak" SS language missing was ferreted out via discussion (great job BTW)

Here's a thread for the others that are out there and discussion on how to handle the vote barring language corrections. Supposedly the NC knows there are others.
Quote: 48 "soak" SS language missing was ferreted out via discussion (great job BTW)

Here's a thread for the others that are out there and discussion on how to handle the vote barring language corrections. Supposedly the NC knows there are others.

Nice catch. And it happened in less than 60 days - amazing.

Scoop
Quote: Nice catch. And it happened in less than 60 days - amazing.

Scoop
wasn't me, viper should get the call

...but took at least how long? The next catch will push that timeline out even further.

crickets from ALPA on this so far and it sounds like they knew about it, and others
Quote: wasn't me, viper should get the call

...but took at least how long? The next catch will push that timeline out even further.

crickets from ALPA on this so far and it sounds like they knew about it, and others
Sounds like they knew? From who?
Quote: 48 "soak" SS language missing was ferreted out via discussion (great job BTW)

Great catch indeed! I was actually just having this discussion with a co-pilot and we were going back and forth (he’s a no). I told him one of the reasons I went from undecided to yes was because of the 48 hr SS soak. While not perfect it’s a good limiting principle and one of the most important pieces of language in the whole TA.

And now it’s apparently not there. That’s what I get for being lazy and reading the NN and not the actual language.

Question to Viper: Did the union give you a timeline on the language fix? I’m not voting yes due to a promise on APC (not directed at you). Also does this mess up our retro? How can we have seen the language for 45 days if the language has to change?
Quote: Great catch indeed! I was actually just having this discussion with a co-pilot and we were going back and forth (he’s a no). I told him one of the reasons I went from undecided to yes was because of the 48 hr SS soak. While not perfect it’s a good limiting principle and one of the most important pieces of language in the whole TA.

And now it’s apparently not there. That’s what I get for being lazy and reading the NN and not the actual language.

Question to Viper: Did the union give you a timeline on the language fix? I’m not voting yes due to a promise on APC (not directed at you). Also does this mess up our retro? How can we have seen the language for 45 days if the language has to change?
The information I shared is all the information I know. There was no timeline, but I inferred from the message that the PWA that is signed with ink on March 1 will have the changes. These questions are best directed at a DART and/or roadshow. If anybody does find out, please share.
I’m just getting a chance to read the TA….

My marked up version; 23DD.5.a “Silver slips for beyond second day open time will be processed during each PCS run.”
Doesn’t that produce 48+ hours of “soak”? I couldn’t find definitions for same, next, 2nd day, etc. Logically, beyond 2nd day is 3 days in the future - right?
Quote: I’m just getting a chance to read the TA….

My marked up version; 23DD.5.a “Silver slips for beyond second day open time will be processed during each PCS run.”
Doesn’t that produce 48+ hours of “soak”? I couldn’t find definitions for same, next, 2nd day, etc. Logically, beyond 2nd day is 3 days in the future - right?
The intent as I understood is a SS rotation must be in open time for 48 hours BEFORE it can become a SS and their last opportunity to award them is the last morning PCS run after which proffers begin (beyond 2nd day cutoff). ATL rep said it’s being fixed.
Quote: I’m just getting a chance to read the TA….

The intent is to liberate people from having to watch open time every day all day without losing opportunities to fly premium pay trips that needn’t be covered immediately.
Quote: The intent is to liberate people from having to watch open time every day all day without losing opportunities to fly premium pay trips that needn’t be covered immediately.
got it…thank you.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to