The "How to Save" Union update...wow

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to
Quote: Hmmm...I'm assuming you work for the union, probably in the writing department. Your reply and use of the word "they" strongly suggests you have a certain lack of proof reading skills and/or comprehension of what you actually wrote. By "they" do you mean the young or the adult tiger? When you use non-specific pronouns in a sentence that has two subjects you confuse the reader and therefore lose validity and credit, but I'm sure you know all of this. And obviously you aren't a golfer...
A lot of your assumptions are wrong. You used to work for Kalitta? That explains your low expectations for the contract.
There is value in entering "Self Help" even if we would not be allowed to strike.
Quote: There is value in entering "Self Help" even if we would not be allowed to strike.
And there is no proof we would not be allowed to strike besides the opinions of some who like to engage in union busting / defeatism.
Quote: There is value in entering "Self Help" even if we would not be allowed to strike.
Self-help and strike are synonymous in this context. Are referring to the strike vote rather than self help?
The idea we wont be able to strike is foolish. Someone in Executive branch if not the Big Guy himself will call Joe D and ask what he really wants to do. This is the most Union friendly admin since Truman. Im not sure why this is the CBA to actually do this since we had more leverage in 14, we had gotten rid of the poison pill by at least the 2014 noegotiations. Someone post the 98/99 red letter.

I know one thing. I dont want the congress involved in my contract.
Take a look at what the most union friendly administration since Truman did to the railroads. If it looks like the boxes will stop, congress will intervene. The power of the strike vote is the potential loss of business created by the threat of a strike. I’m ready to vote and, should it actually happen, I’ll be ready.
Quote: Take a look at what the most union friendly administration since Truman did to the railroads. If it looks like the boxes will stop, congress will intervene. The power of the strike vote is the potential loss of business created by the threat of a strike. I’m ready to vote and, should it actually happen, I’ll be ready.
The railroad thing was going to stop the entire industry at once. The railroads carry the coal that keeps the lights on in many places. It was akin to (and more severe than) FDX, UPS, Atlas, Omni, and every other freight operator striking as well as stopping belly freight. This ain't that. Don't rule it out entirely.
Quote: The railroad thing was going to stop the entire industry at once. The railroads carry the coal that keeps the lights on in many places. It was akin to (and more severe than) FDX, UPS, Atlas, Omni, and every other freight operator striking as well as stopping belly freight. This ain't that. Don't rule it out entirely.
THIS.

it’s not even close comparison.
Quote: Self-help and strike are synonymous in this context. Are referring to the strike vote rather than self help?
no they aren’t. We went into self help in the 90s without striking. Ultimately that got us a contract.
Quote: The railroad thing was going to stop the entire industry at once. The railroads carry the coal that keeps the lights on in many places. It was akin to (and more severe than) FDX, UPS, Atlas, Omni, and every other freight operator striking as well as stopping belly freight. This ain't that. Don't rule it out entirely.
As Joe Biden would say ‘I have one word - United States Postal Service’!

I support a strike vote and think it would send a clear message to the company. It’s interesting that it’s scheduled to take place tomorrow which is the end of the week after this latest round of negotiations with the company. Maybe we will get news of an agreement being reached, but if this round doesn’t result in anything then it’s painfully obvious the company doesn’t value our contributions to its success. Things could literally be wrapped up in 30 mins if they got out their checkbook.

Regarding the USPS - I think anyone who actually believes we would be allowed to stop flying when we carry the bulk of the mail/postal is ignoring the elephant in the room. I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s parade, but do you really think this administration (or any administration for that matter) would allow that to happen??? That may actually be to our advantage though and give us some leverage.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to