Jacket Poll

Subscribe
View Poll Results: After November 1st, I'll be wearing the...
Single-breasted jacket
42.96%
Double-breasted jacket
57.04%
Voters: 419. You may not vote on this poll
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 19
Go to
Quote: Neither. I build south of the border trips in the jacket season just so i don’t have to wear the dumb thing. Now to get a way out of the hat.
Get your doctor to write a letter. Say you have Conehead family history. Wearing a hat is precluded due to a medical condition.
Quote: To your last point, I wore a single-breasted for about 10 years in a former life and never heard a comment, positive or negative from the public. In just the short time I've been at Delta, I have heard versions of "You Delta pilots always look so sharp" on numerous occasions from passengers and hotel people. I know I've gotten older and fatter so I can only attribute the positive comments to the uniform.

It could also be that 99% of passengers think we look like dufuses and only the 1% who think it looks good care to comment. And just that no one ever thought enough of the single-breasted to say anything either way because it’s just so ordinary. Who knows.
Obviously we live in a different world than it was 20 to 70 years ago. I think the majority of passengers don’t care or bother to pay attention to what the crews look like anymore. Now it’s all about just getting from point A to B and the Romance of flying of years past is long gone . 95 percent of passengers probably wouldn’t even notice or care if we were wearing a polo shirt and Khakis.
Quote: Obviously we live in a different world than it was 20 to 70 years ago. I think the majority of passengers don’t care or bother to pay attention to what the crews look like anymore. Now it’s all about just getting from point A to B and the Romance of flying of years past is long gone . 95 percent of passengers probably wouldn’t even notice or care if we were wearing a polo shirt and Khakis.
95% of the passengers wouldn't notice if we removed the windows from the airplanes.
The thing that makes us look like dufuses in my opinion is wearing the hat with the short sleeved white shirt. If I had my way the hat would be worn with the blazer, and when blazer season is done so is the hat.
Quote: 95% of the passengers wouldn't notice if we removed the windows from the airplanes.

hell most of them don’t even bother opening the windows after the cleaning team closes them!
Quote: The thing that makes us look like dufuses in my opinion is wearing the hat with the short sleeved white shirt. If I had my way the hat would be worn with the blazer, and when blazer season is done so is the hat.
^^This^^
Can’t understand why more of us are not bothered by the bus driver look.

-Bo
Quote: The thing that makes us look like dufuses in my opinion is wearing the hat with the short sleeved white shirt. If I had my way the hat would be worn with the blazer, and when blazer season is done so is the hat.
This is the way United does it and it looks much better. I admit blazer and hat looks sharp. Hat and white short sleeves looks ridiculous.
Quote: This is the way United does it and it looks much better. I admit blazer and hat looks shart. Hat and white short sleeves looks ridiculous.
Intentional or Freudian slip?
Quote: Intentional or Freudian slip?
Fixed it 😂 Accident, but also accurate 🤔
Sadly, uniform = identity for many many pilots at this air line.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 19
Go to