BOS Base

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: I don't think there's all that much appetite from the senior BOS guys to go to long term school. Anecdotal.

I think it'll be pretty junior at first. If the schedules/flying end up being nice then it'll get senior fast.

This of course assumes there actually ends up being a bus base. 50/50 AT BEST.
I think the point was that all of the BOS locals who never wanted to transition to the guppy will come home to roost.
Quote: I think the point was that all of the BOS locals who never wanted to transition to the guppy will come home to roost.
Yea, I just don't think there are that many of them. A handful maybe. If the status ends up being large(already 3x bus flying in BOS v 737) it would matter even less.
The reality is, BOS should not exist as a 737 base. The vast majority of flying in and out is airbus. The 737 trips aren’t great either. Add with the possibility of XLR flying to the islands and Europe, the m*******s would be clamoring for a spot. I’ve been told Boston is the highest hotel expense in the system, excluding maybe LHR.

I’d bet money it becomes a bus base once training is under control.
Quote: Yea, I just don't think there are that many of them. A handful maybe. If the status ends up being large(already 3x bus flying in BOS v 737) it would matter even less.
I have flown with three of them based out of LGA. They said PHL and LGA are full of guys waiting for a Boston bus. Anecdotal, sure, but more than a handful
Quote: The reality is, BOS should not exist as a 737 base. The vast majority of flying in and out is airbus. The 737 trips aren’t great either. Add with the possibility of XLR flying to the islands and Europe, the m*******s would be clamoring for a spot. I’ve been told Boston is the highest hotel expense in the system, excluding maybe LHR.

I’d bet money it becomes a bus base once training is under control.
Was playing with some numbers on a wild Monday night last night, in April BOS has 975 scheduled Bus departures and the 737 has 342.
Quote: Was playing with some numbers on a wild Monday night last night, in April BOS has 975 scheduled Bus departures and the 737 has 342.
Yup. Email from the chief in NYC recently says the same thing. 3x airbus vs 73.

80% of 737 departures are operated by BOS pilots. Plenty of AB flying for a base. As mentioned above the training this would create is the roadblock.
A bit of a detour from BOS, but does anyone know how to find the stats for percentage of flying on each NB plane in PHX? I know PHX 737 was a discussion at one point, not sure how departures on 737 look but they seem pretty high.
Quote: A bit of a detour from BOS, but does anyone know how to find the stats for percentage of flying on each NB plane in PHX? I know PHX 737 was a discussion at one point, not sure how departures on 737 look but they seem pretty high.
My quick and dirty look at the numbers says 3,600 ish 320 departures, and 1,100 737 in April.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to