Offset Localizer

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: It was a bad question, hence it's construction, and did not deserve a sserious reply.
It speaks volumes of a person's character when they can't admit to even a minor mistake.
Quote: (I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere. Prepping for an interview.)

If we have an offset localizer (up to 3 degrees), when the value is positive (e.g, 1.75 deg), we'd expect to see the runway on which side of aircraft?

I'd assume a positive value means the final approach course would bring you in just to the right of runway, and the runway would be left of center from the cockpit perspective. But I can't find the answer anywhere online. Thanks for the help.
In the Western world (standard alphabet or whatever other criteria) from left to right is increasing, right to left is decreasing.
Same as clockwise compass numbers increasing and counter clockwise decreasing.
So in a no wind condition offset “+” is to the right.
Anything less then full scale we’ll call it good.
Final answer.
Quote: It speaks volumes of a person's character when they can't admit to even a minor mistake.
'

It speaks far more when one refused to cop to a mistake one didn't make. Read.
Quote: 3726538[/url]]United is not training localizer approaches any more?
That’s what I was told at my last CQ, at least on the bus.
Obviously the offset is the number of degrees from the final approach course - it isn't a positive or negative number.
You can tell this somewhat from the aiming arrow on the figure (at least on the AIS plates.
Quote: That’s what I was told at my last CQ, at least on the bus.
Same here but at the other guys.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to