“We are in inverse assignment”

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 9
Go to
Quote: 23.M.7 applies to 23.N and 23.O

And no where in 23.N/O does it state "...that interrupts a vacation day"

Also the literal defitnion of "hard no fly day" is "non-fly day on which a pilot may not be inversely assigned to a rotation"....and vacation is the first example listed.
You are correct, it was an attempt at sarcasm, also see below. vvvvvvvvv
Quote: 23.M.7. We do what we want clause.
Yup....but...they can only do what they want with "available" pilots. You aren't available if you are on vacation...or at least I wasn't.

My big issue is that the company acts like the sirens of Lorelei knowingly trying to lure unsuspecting pilots into violating the contract. That is clearly bad faith. You can't assign a trip to someone on vacation just like you can't give a line holder add-on legs at the end of their rotation...yet they try.
Quote: Yup....but...they can only do what they want with "available" pilots. You aren't available if you are on vacation...or at least I wasn't.

My big issue is that the company acts like the sirens of Lorelei knowingly trying to lure unsuspecting pilots into violating the contract. That is clearly bad faith. You can't assign a trip to someone on vacation just like you can't give a line holder add-on legs at the end of their rotation...yet they try.
Every memo I read sounds like hypocracy now. Too jaded for too long.
Quote: Looked at trips assigned a few times during my 8 days off. One had a code I wasn't familiar with. "T". Out of base conflict. First time in 32 years I've seen thot one.
I caught that unicorn during one glorious June

Also the literal defitnion of "hard no fly day" is "non-fly day on which a pilot may not be inversely assigned to a rotation"....and vacation is the first example listed.
I think what you meant to say was “has an arbitrator said it’s only for 23.N and O?”

That’s the way the company is viewing everything now.

#hats.off.til.is.means.is
Quote: No way. The 310 is the GA 757. Alllll day. Beechcraft is for lil skinny guys that like long runways.

Beach Duke anybody???
Quote: Beach Duke anybody???
I’m thinking the Aerostar is the 757 of piston GA

They can't ever interrupt a vacation day regardless of reason. I recommend that sometime when in ATL for training a pilot takes the time to visit crew scheduling and see how things function. The system will not pull up a pilot on vacation and the scheduler will never see your name under ordinary circumstances. I suspect what has happened on occasion is they set up a bucket brigade where non schedulers are given computer access and start pulling up schedules one at a time looking for pilots that could be used in violation of the contract the crew schedulers can't see in their system. That would also explain the calls coming from 404 rather than scheduling numbers. If true the above would make for a interesting discussion with a arbitrator during a grievance.
Quote: I think what you meant to say was “has an arbitrator said it’s only for 23.N and O?”

That’s the way the company is viewing everything now.

#hats.off.til.is.means.is
I know what you are getting at with regards to PB’s comment about arbitrator.

However 23.M.7 actually states it applies to 23.N and 23.O…it’s even bolded.
Quote: No way. The 310 is the GA 757. Alllll day. Beechcraft is for lil skinny guys that like long runways.
R Model with Colemill Bearcat treatment, maybe, but I'm going with a 700P Aerostar.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 9
Go to