C-130s in Minneapolis

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hey guys,

New to the site, been a reader for a while. I'm interviewing with the 133rd in Minneapolis this week and was wondering if anyone had any insight to the unit. I'm a reservist already (couldn't tell could yah) and am looking to see if anyone is either in the unit or knows people up there. I went up this last week to meet with a pilot in the unit and want the slot pretty bad...any help is greatly appreciated.
Quote: Hey guys,

New to the site, been a reader for a while. I'm interviewing with the 133rd in Minneapolis this week and was wondering if anyone had any insight to the unit. I'm a reservist already (couldn't tell could yah) and am looking to see if anyone is either in the unit or knows people up there. I went up this last week to meet with a pilot in the unit and want the slot pretty bad...any help is greatly appreciated.
I've got a friend in the unit from my AMS days...PM me your info and I can forward it to him and see if he'd be willing to answer your questions.
i can't send pm's yet...not enough posts apparently.
I think you need 10 posts, so post away!
Not much insight, but I have known several pilots in the Minneapolis units and have never heard any complaints. Best of luck!
Hey there, I am very interested in flying for the 133rd in Minneapolis as well, but on there website it says they do not currently have any openings for pilots. How did you get one! Please let me know thanks.
133rd
I actually emailed their recruiting office last year when I was in Afghanistan. Since then, I've been talking with their recruiting office, chief pilot, and a pilot whose blog i found online. They've been nothing but awesome as far as helping out with getting applications going. If you'd like their contact info, let me know. Try to PM me if you can.
They also said that they usually hire two pilots a year. If you want to get in on next year's board, I'd start studying and take your written tests soon.
What do you mean by written's? And yeah getting that info would be really great!
By writtens I meant written. You need to take a written test that is called the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test. Along with that, pilot candidates need to take a test called the Test of Basic Aviation Skills...TBAS.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to