Mil to AA or DAL?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
What if you are a commuter? Inputs on DAL vs AA? Not concerned with WB or maxing out pay as much as possible. More going for the QOL and family time. Midwest living and near similar commutes to muiltiple AA & DAL domiciles. Thanks in advance.
Quote: Congrats on having two great offers!

For whatever it’s worth, the happiness index seems to be higher at delta. Every airline pilot engages in sport b*tching, but it seems to be more prevalent at American and more of an ingrained cultural thing.

*source = I work at one of them and commute on both of them.
It's just louder from an outspoken minority. We shake our heads about it. Two guys standing on 3rd base complaining about how ****ty their life is. They're unhappy that they weren't born there...
Quote: What if you are a commuter? Inputs on DAL vs AA? Not concerned with WB or maxing out pay as much as possible. More going for the QOL and family time. Midwest living and near similar commutes to muiltiple AA & DAL domiciles. Thanks in advance.
MIdwest? Commute to UA in ORD nmight be the best option. Going to commute your entire career? Choose the easiest commute.
Quote: MIdwest? Commute to UA in ORD nmight be the best option. Going to commute your entire career? Choose the easiest commute.
Worst commuter rules of the big 3 and it’s not even close. United shouldn’t even be on his mind as an option.
Quote: Worst commuter rules of the big 3 and it’s not even close. United shouldn’t even be on his mind as an option.
I’d always heard Delta has the worst commuting rules. 2 flights with the back up being Delta or Delta connection.
Quote: I’d always heard Delta has the worst commuting rules. 2 flights with the back up being Delta or Delta connection.
there’s two sets, 2 flights of any kind with two hours between, or 2 flights with the second being on DL or Delta Connection. They may positive space you on the second flight if you go with the latter policy.
Quote: there’s two sets, 2 flights of any kind with two hours between, or 2 flights with the second being on DL or Delta Connection. They may positive space you on the second flight if you go with the latter policy.
what are UAL and AA’s policies? My point was I had always heard Delta’s lagged the industry.
Quote: Worst commuter rules of the big 3 and it’s not even close. United shouldn’t even be on his mind as an option.
How did guys commute for the last 40+ years with commute rules that were worse? The difference in commuting rules/policies isn't a deal breaker. Sh1tter commute but with better commuter rules isn't a bonus.
Quote: what are UAL and AA’s policies? My point was I had always heard Delta’s lagged the industry.
My bad. Not sure on UA but I believe AA is just one flight.
Plus neither have the language about reliability and commuting strategy counseling if use is excessive. Or whatever weasel language we have.
Quote: My bad. Not sure on UA but I believe AA is just one flight.
Plus neither have the language about reliability and commuting strategy counseling if use is excessive. Or whatever weasel language we have.
I don’t think LAXtoDEN was referring to our commute policy, per se, at United. He was referring to the ability to reserve the jumpseat days out. United jumpseat policy is solely seniority based. The commute policy, however, is two flights on any airline or one flight on a confirmed ticket.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to