Union hints of acquisition

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 30
Go to
Quote: I often wonder why pilots get so giddy about acquisitions in which neither pilot group stands to really win and also wonder why pilots view any hint of gloom as pure unequivocal evidence that we are headed to bankruptcy and/or M and A. Calm down. The time to acquire another carrier was years ago when they were at fire sale prices and the DOJ didn't want to chest thump about consumer protection.
If you're on the older side, a merger will do nothing for you, best you can hope for is to break even.

If you're younger, the right merger for the right reasons might very well enhance your long-term career propsects... No way to know up front of course.
Quote: If you're on the older side, a merger will do nothing for you, best you can hope for is to break even.

If you're younger, the right merger for the right reasons might very well enhance your long-term career propsects... No way to know up front of course.
Having SWA sitting around and simply hoping for the best is probably not good for anyone's long term prospects. So if this is what it takes to remain prosperous and relevant then so be it.
Quote: SPIRIT Airways.

You heard it here first.
FIFY........
Quote: FIFY........
I do think NK would be an easier way to diversify fleet plus get a nice FLL presence in the process. Similar story with F9. JB has the additional 220 fleet which creates more complexity, but we do have a strong NE presence which might be appealing.
Quote: No, it's taking out the competition. It's the old soon-to-be-divorcee's trick. Run around town, meet with the top divorce attorneys and you take them out of the running to represent your soon to be ex.

There are an extremely limited number of firms who handle airline mergers, especially on the labor side. Tie them up, and you've made things very difficult for the other side.
which would be even more of a hint that something is up! Not sure which part you were disagreeing with when it sounds like you just added more context to the decision to retain...
Quote: You should probably not be posting internal union emails on a public forum. Outsiders have no need for that info.
Who cares? Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
Quote: Who cares? Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
fair. My bad.
Quote: fair. My bad.
Not to worry, Gary Leff already has it posted on his (often wrong and completely opinionated) travel blog with a few million subscribers.
Quote: Not to worry, Gary Leff already has it posted on his (often wrong and completely opinionated) travel blog with a few million subscribers.
yeah just saw that. All these curious outsiders just looking for blog material I guess 🤷‍♂️
Quote: I do think NK would be an easier way to diversify fleet plus get a nice FLL presence in the process. Similar story with F9. JB has the additional 220 fleet which creates more complexity, but we do have a strong NE presence which might be appealing.
Complexity has its costs but the A220-300 is a near perfect one for one replacement for the Max-7. Take out EMS seating and you can put 145 seats in a Southwest configuration at 31" of pitch with the option of getting greedy and squeezing in one more row for 150. Two and three seating probably helps keep turn times down as well.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 30
Go to