AS pilots that came from QX

Subscribe
I’m curious to get an idea how many current AS pilots have somewhat recently flowed to AS from QX through the pathways program? I’ve heard that AS contractually has to have each new hire class made up of at least 30% QX guys, if that many QX guys are available in the pathways list. I haven’t heard of a ton of QX guys in classes in the last year or so so I’m trying to figure out if I just haven’t talked to the right people, or if there is a much small number of QX going to AS. If that is the case, im curious why that is and if QX guys deferring the AS class, mostly going somewhere else, ect. TIA
Quote: I’m curious to get an idea how many current AS pilots have somewhat recently flowed to AS from QX through the pathways program? I’ve heard that AS contractually has to have each new hire class made up of at least 30% QX guys, if that many QX guys are available in the pathways list. I haven’t heard of a ton of QX guys in classes in the last year or so so I’m trying to figure out if I just haven’t talked to the right people, or if there is a much small number of QX going to AS. If that is the case, im curious why that is and if QX guys deferring the AS class, mostly going somewhere else, ect. TIA
I came over from Horizon a little over 2 years ago, and unless something changed, there was no contractual language on the percentage of QX pilots that must be in each AS new hire class. It was only ever a target.
Quote: I’m curious to get an idea how many current AS pilots have somewhat recently flowed to AS from QX through the pathways program? I’ve heard that AS contractually has to have each new hire class made up of at least 30% QX guys, if that many QX guys are available in the pathways list. I haven’t heard of a ton of QX guys in classes in the last year or so so I’m trying to figure out if I just haven’t talked to the right people, or if there is a much small number of QX going to AS. If that is the case, im curious why that is and if QX guys deferring the AS class, mostly going somewhere else, ect. TIA
on our 'Pilot pathways seniority list" the last class Alaska had in feburary consisted of around 7 QX pilots when there was 30 new hires in the class. Theres only about 150 pilots on the list and the top 30 always seem to defer any available AS class date.

Hope this helps!
Quote: on our 'Pilot pathways seniority list" the last class Alaska had in feburary consisted of around 7 QX pilots when there was 30 new hires in the class. Theres only about 150 pilots on the list and the top 30 always seem to defer any available AS class date.

Hope this helps!

any idea about how many guys join the list every month (or however often they update it)? My scenario is a wired one as I am at a different regional with the end goal of Alaska. QX will have a massively better QOL for me as a captain in the mean time and I Would come in as a prior time candidate and upgrade right away so I’d be eligible for the pathways program before too long. I would just have a brand new seniority number and would get pushed down the pathways list by anyone else that joins that was at QX from the start. If the guys taken by AS from the list outpaces the number of guys joining the list by a good amount I might be in ok shape, but if it’s an even number joining and leaving then it might be a issue for a few years. Thanks for the info and advice!
Quote: any idea about how many guys join the list every month (or however often they update it)? My scenario is a wired one as I am at a different regional with the end goal of Alaska. QX will have a massively better QOL for me as a captain in the mean time and I Would come in as a prior time candidate and upgrade right away so I’d be eligible for the pathways program before too long. I would just have a brand new seniority number and would get pushed down the pathways list by anyone else that joins that was at QX from the start. If the guys taken by AS from the list outpaces the number of guys joining the list by a good amount I might be in ok shape, but if it’s an even number joining and leaving then it might be a issue for a few years. Thanks for the info and advice!
they update the list every month. Not sure how many join the list monthly. I've heard of QX pilots having to interview for the pathways a couple times to get on the list, not sure why they were initially denied. If you want PDX or SEA as a base you would have no issue holding it as a near direct entry captain.

A fair amount of Horizon Pilots who are on the pathways list end up leaving for SWA, United, Delta prior to flowing to Alaska so it may not be a good method of determing how long flow to AS would actually take.
Quote: they update the list every month. Not sure how many join the list monthly. I've heard of QX pilots having to interview for the pathways a couple times to get on the list, not sure why they were initially denied. If you want PDX or SEA as a base you would have no issue holding it as a near direct entry captain.

A fair amount of Horizon Pilots who are on the pathways list end up leaving for SWA, United, Delta prior to flowing to Alaska so it may not be a good method of determing how long flow to AS would actually take.

thanks for the info. Any idea how junior GEG is on the CA side?
Quote: thanks for the info. Any idea how junior GEG is on the CA side?
GEG is more “senior” in the captain side. I think the most junior captain is a Nov21 hire but I could be wrong.
Quote: GEG is more “senior” in the captain side. I think the most junior captain is a Nov21 hire but I could be wrong.
How about Medford?
Quote: How about Medford?
Very senior on the CA side, but there were vacancies last month. I think there is less than 10 lines out of MFR. Who knows what it will look like by the end of the summer.
Quote: Very senior on the CA side, but there were vacancies last month. I think there is less than 10 lines out of MFR. Who knows what it will look like by the end of the summer.
Thanks. Seemed small. Was surprised it was a base (still).