Evacuation at the Gate

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: You mean like them SMOKE in avionics bay ECAM ? Anyone know the tail number ? Sounds fishy
Aircraft N611FR
Aircraft N611FR
Thankfully it was on the ground, and not in the air.
Quote: Thankfully it was on the ground, and not in the air.
yeah those air evacuations get problematic fast........🙄
Was there fire or avionics smoke? There are dozens of computers in the avionics bay. When electronics or integrated circuits fail they emit smoke, sometimes profusely, but rarely result in a fire (ie. circuit protection and each computer contained in a fire proof black box).

A major feature of the Airbus aircraft is it's sophisticated design to deal with avionics smoke.

QRH procedure on the ground is simple and 2 lines. Masks on, packs off. Return to gate.

With that being said, if there was an actual fire....
Quote: Was there fire or avionics smoke? There are dozens of computers in the avionics bay. When electronics or integrated circuits fail they emit smoke, sometimes profusely, but rarely result in a fire (ie. circuit protection and each computer contained in a fire proof black box).

A major feature of the Airbus aircraft is it's sophisticated design to deal with avionics smoke.

QRH procedure on the ground is simple and 2 lines. Masks on, packs off. Return to gate.

With that being said, if there was an actual fire....

I guess if you look at it from a passenger point of view. If I’m sitting in back and there is acrid smoke and I’m starting to cough. I’d be out of there also asap.
Quote: I guess if you look at it from a passenger point of view. If I’m sitting in back and there is acrid smoke and I’m starting to cough. I’d be out of there also asap.
Is the typical passenger going to know to arm the slide before opening the door?
Quote: Is the typical passenger going to know to arm the slide before opening the door?
maybe the jetbridge was only re-attached after they commenced evacuation.
maybe the smell started after the gate agents left, they ran the appropriate checklists and were unable to stop the odor and couldn't raise ops on the radio. They would really of had no other options.
Quote: maybe the jetbridge was only re-attached after they commenced evacuation.
maybe the smell started after the gate agents left, they ran the appropriate checklists and were unable to stop the odor and couldn't raise ops on the radio. They would really of had no other options.
Very real possibility. The amount of times I call ops and no one answers is ridiculous... Especially when we had a medical emergency and no one answered for 2-3 mins so our ramp controller called them and it took another 10 minutes to get the jetbridge pulled up to us even though we never left....
https://abc7chicago.com/frontier-air...news/14601957/

Looks like another...
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to