How long till you can go to the majors???

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to
Quote: 10 years with an RJ to get to a major? Maybe 20 years ago that was the case but not now. It only took captain dad 3 years from his first turbine job to get on with National Airlines/Pan Am, during an era when having that flight time was very important too (late 70s); had under 5500TT. With 10 years at a regional, you can have almost 10,000TT. Most captains who are at the regionals for 10 years won't leave anyway because they have gained so much seniority there.
You never know what can happen. 9/11 resulted in people being stuck at regionals for an extra 6 years they hadn't planned. In a perfect world with a good resume and great connections it can be done in three years. Less than that is probably just luck.
Quote: If you meet the military requirements (age, education, medical) you would be silly not to attempt that route unless you are philosophically unsuitable for military service. The career benefits outweigh the hardships, IMO. USAF or ANG are best because you will probably not get locked into helicopters, unlike navy/usmc.
Yeah i'm seriously debating it. It's such a HUGE decision though...
Quote: hahahha nice......................Ill marry you if you can get me a job with CAL
you WISH you could be that lucky
Quote: You never know what can happen. 9/11 resulted in people being stuck at regionals for an extra 6 years they hadn't planned. In a perfect world with a good resume and great connections it can be done in three years. Less than that is probably just luck.
Good point. I guess I was daydreaming there for a minute. I thought it was still 1978. LOL Personally, I'd like to get on with AAL within 5 or six years from right now. Keeping my fingers x'd.
Quote: Good point. I guess I was daydreaming there for a minute. I thought it was still 1978. LOL Personally, I'd like to get on with AAL within 5 or six years from right now. Keeping my fingers x'd.
AAL = American? They might be hiring in five years. Maybe.
Quote: AAL = American? They might be hiring in five years. Maybe.
I've got an insider keeping me up to date. They'll be hiring in less than 5 years.
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to