Discount Auto Insurance?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Do we get a FedEx discount for auto insurance with any particular insurance carrier? If so, how do I get a discounted qoute?
MetLife
We have a discount with metlife. 1-800-Get-Met8. They do payroll deductions, not sure if its required. I have no experience with MetLife, but I'm thinking about switching. Anyone already use them?
Met wasn't a deal for me...
Quote: We have a discount with metlife. 1-800-Get-Met8. They do payroll deductions, not sure if its required. I have no experience with MetLife, but I'm thinking about switching. Anyone already use them?
Met wasn't a deal, even with the discount.

Nationwide, State Farm, and the best, Farmers.
(for me, depends on state too...Farmers wasn't most expensive or cheapest, but best coverage and limits.)
Usaa
I think USAA lowered their rates last year to be competitive again. I dropped them a couple of years ago due to higher rates. I went with an independent agent that sold me an "Auto Owners" policy.

Moving to SAT now, so I might go back to USAA.
Over the past 26 years I have tried to do better than USAA's rates several times. The first question the new insurance agents almost always asks is, "Who are you insured with now?" When I say USAA, they say (without even bothering to give me a quote), "I can't beat their rates ...

If anyone has been able to beat USAA, please PM me with the details.

Thanks ...

Mark
I have a friend who's a State Farm agent. I asked about switching and he advised me to stay with USAA. He couldn't give me a lower rate and he indicated I'd get better service in the event of a claim.
Usaa
Quote: I have a friend who's a State Farm agent. I asked about switching and he advised me to stay with USAA. He couldn't give me a lower rate and he indicated I'd get better service in the event of a claim.
USAA for the most part can't be beat, if you can get them, do it. I didn't put them down, as they are in a class of their own.

ONLY complaint I've heard about USAA was claims settlements during past few years of hurricanes in the south. But everyone was challenged then from what I understand.

Usaa
USAA CAN be beat significantly on home owner's (at least in the South). Last year the difference for me between USAA and most ALL other insurance companies was about 70%. Example 475K USAA $2400 Allstate $1400. USAA has a 2% or 1% deductible on Wind/Hail damage and Allstate did not. What is the most likely damage to your southern home---that's right Wind/Hail!! USAA just recently lowered their rates to what I don't know. They had many customers leaving because they were so far off being competitive. I had been with them for 30 years. Still have auto with them though.
Quote: USAA CAN be beat significantly on home owner's (at least in the South). Last year the difference for me between USAA and most ALL other insurance companies was about 70%. Example 475K USAA $2400 Allstate $1400. USAA has a 2% or 1% deductible on Wind/Hail damage and Allstate did not. What is the most likely damage to your southern home---that's right Wind/Hail!! USAA just recently lowered their rates to what I don't know. They had many customers leaving because they were so far off being competitive. I had been with them for 30 years. Still have auto with them though.
Up here in the midwest USAA beat my American Family homeowners policy by a sizeable amount plus USAA had higher coverage. I was with AMFAM for many many years and decided to do a rate quote since I've been with USAA for over 20 years. It was definitely worth the move to USAA in my case.
Quote: USAA CAN be beat significantly on home owner's (at least in the South). Last year the difference for me between USAA and most ALL other insurance companies was about 70%. Example 475K USAA $2400 Allstate $1400. USAA has a 2% or 1% deductible on Wind/Hail damage and Allstate did not. What is the most likely damage to your southern home---that's right Wind/Hail!! USAA just recently lowered their rates to what I don't know. They had many customers leaving because they were so far off being competitive. I had been with them for 30 years. Still have auto with them though.
Very True. After Hurricane Andrew, they made a strategic decision to price themselves out of the "Hurricane market" . Their risk analysis folks felt the company would not be able handle another major hit like that.

They are very competitive in other places, and I don't think anybody can beat their auto.

But don't get in more than one accident, they'll drop you like a hot potato!
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to