How long would it take your company to re place 75% of their pilots

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Quote: Never once did I state something about rhetoric or slave labor. I dont feel we work for slave labor, but I also dont feel like 'fighting like hell' involves moaning and complaining on a message board. WE do however need to figure out what it is that WE want, and no it cant be everything. My point is to find what you are willing to work for, and what you are willing to sacrifice. The majors have nothing to do with our situation and I will never blame a major for what is going on at the regional level. By the way ALPA is here to represent you and your specific pilot group, that is why you pay your union dues. Will you really push hard? Just in case you didnt notice our contract negotiations can start less than a year from now. Better start thinking about how hard you are going to push.

I hope you figured this out three months ago when you were hired.
Quote: Whether you're an ALPA member or not, 'Flying the Line" parts one and two should be required reading for all pilots. For those who are asking: Flying the Line is the history of ALPA and airline pilots in general.
I totally agree with you. Those books should be considered required reading for any existing or aspiring airline pilot.
Quote: I think the senior guys understand just fine, it's the reason for scope clauses.
Umm no, that answer is contradictory. The current senior guys have pretty much sold scope down the river with all of the RJs. Good luck on trying to get that one back in shape. Remember back when NWA MEC was refered to as pit vipers. 'Cause they would strike at anything....looks like those guys are long gone.
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to