Air National Guard

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
That's different. Being from the actual state, and being from the unit are entirely seperate items.
you can have PRK surgery (and maybe even wavefront-guided LASIK) now, sit for 12 mos., and as long as you started out +/- 5.50 and ended up 20/20, you can apply for the warfighter-eyes corrective surgery waiver for aviator applicants

an Alaska unit was going to pass through the paperwork for PRK, but I couldn't get past the class 1 for other reasons (namely, asthma)
Quote: That's different. Being from the actual state, and being from the unit are entirely seperate items.
I was offered jobs at 3 units and not affiliated with any of them. Only lived in the state for 1. At my unit of the last 10 guys hired(going back almost 10 years) 1 was in the unit. He is waiting for UPT. It doesn't hurt to be in or know people but it's hardly a requirement.
Quote: Just proves my original point about flying for the ANG. It's thick with nepotism plain and simple.
Can't speak for all units, but I do know the past 3 UPT "legacy applicants" (as in kids of former pilots) did not make the cut. We have a very fair and objective approach to the process with the goal of getting the best fighter pilot we can that is also a great dude (or dudette). Don't minimize the personality factor - if you are gonna hire a guy to fly with the same unit for 20+ years, you want to make sure he's a good bro.
Quote: What is the minimum qulification to fly for Guard? age limit?
What is the waiverable age limit? I have apx 4 years active duty USMC.
Quote: What is the waiverable age limit? I have apx 4 years active duty USMC.
THE GUARD AND AD HAVE THE SAME AGE AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS. You need to be in day one of pilot training before your 30th birthday.
Quote: THE GUARD AND AD HAVE THE SAME AGE AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS. You need to be in day one of pilot training before your 30th birthday.
Man that sucks. I graduated at 27.5 years old. Too old at the time. Now, I'm in my mid 30's and they raise the limit to 30. Timing is everything.
Use to be you had to be in winged by 26. My how times change.
What are the current WO prior service requirements?
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to