2008 Hiring at UPS

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to
Quote: You sure it was the last pause?

Pre 9-11 poolies had to reinterview when hiring restarted and some of them didn't make the cut the second time.
Have we been hiring straight since the pre 9/11 poolies? I thought we had a nother break in there.
By "hiring", do you mean starting class/out of pool, or do you mean interviewing for the pool? Just curious, I want out of the pool to ANC but fear I may be in for a long swim and then not get ANC to boot.

Moondog
Getting ANC will never be a problem here. Perhaps not the first year, but after that it will be yours.
As an interesting aside, ANC is a fairly new base with mostly new hires on probation. If you look at a bid package it lists the dates of hire for the F/Os up there.

The beginining of the new hire wave started approx Jan 07 (give or take a month). Many were sent to ANC because of their background, not because they choose that base.

Here's where I think it gets interesting. As the newhires come off probation starting in Jan 08' give or take a few months, it will begin of wave of qualified MD11 F/O bidding out when they can be awarded somewhere else.

Not to be dramatic, but there is the potential of a small exodus of F/Os back to the lower 48. Why I find that interesting is because I ask rhetoricaly if the company has seen this scenario last time it had their crystall ball out.

Moondog, I forgot what your background was when you mentioned it a few months back. But, if you fit the ANC mold, more than likely, but not absolutely will they send ya to the Anchor.

FF
Quote: Some of them that reinterviewed were NOT rehired.
Rehired? When were they fired?
Now, now Tipsy......play nice!!!!
About how many are in the pool? I started swimming last week... and my app. says ANC first officer. Anyone else showing the same?

Bat
Quote: About how many are in the pool? I started swimming last week... and my app. says ANC first officer. Anyone else showing the same?

Bat
Congrats.
Quote: About how many are in the pool? I started swimming last week... and my app. says ANC first officer. Anyone else showing the same?

Bat
Welcome aboard Cpt! You'll be in class soon!

Dress warm, you're going north!
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to