Suspended license

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Had My DL Suspended
I had my DL suspended when I was 17 for 90 days (I am 31 now). My state requires it on the second traffic violation under age 18. I have reported it on every medical in the section where it asks if my license has EVER been suspended. I have never had an issue with the FAA or any employers. I think it is more of a drug / alcohol thing. I am not sure what one would do if they forgot to report it, but I think honesty is the best policy. I could see how someone could inadvertently miss it.

Interesting side note: There was a short time when I was legal to fly an airplane but not to drive a car. I had even checked with the FSDO at that time to make sure it was ok.
Quote: I had my DL suspended when I was 17 for 90 days (I am 31 now). My state requires it on the second traffic violation under age 18. I have reported it on every medical in the section where it asks if my license has EVER been suspended. I have never had an issue with the FAA or any employers. I think it is more of a drug / alcohol thing. I am not sure what one would do if they forgot to report it, but I think honesty is the best policy. I could see how someone could inadvertently miss it.

Interesting side note: There was a short time when I was legal to fly an airplane but not to drive a car. I had even checked with the FSDO at that time to make sure it was ok.
Thanks Andy, that's what I was looking for. He read somewhere that if you've been suspended twice in 10 years you won't ever get a medical, I thought that was a DUI only thing. I told him to call the FSDO or a good AME and discuss the issue, I'm not sure if he has yet. Here we have to report driving school because of the wording on it. So if you get a simple 2pt speeding ticket and use driving school to lose the points, you have to report it. Not a big deal, but one of those "gotchas" on the form.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to