FCC License

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to
Quote: Surprisingly, no one has asked the REAL fundamental question: Why is anyone getting ready to apply at a regional?

And I was just starting to feel good about reading a thread that was positive .... but yeah, that was back in 06
Excellent guide, can't be better
Quote: There's actually a way to do it all online too, without using a paper application. First, you need to register with the FCC and get an FCC Registration Number (FRN), that can be done here:
https://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do

Then, u can log into the Universal Licensing System using your FRN here:
http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/

Once you do that, simply click on the "apply for a new license" link and follow the directions. The license code you are applying for is RR - Restricted Operator. You pay the fee online using a credit card and you'll get it in the mail within a few weeks.
Super Easy to get everything can't be better!!
What about us old farts that got the FCC license back when it was required of ALL pilots, there was no fee, and no expiration dates... Are we grandfathered with our existing license from before the dawn of time.
I just completed my application and payment...wow what a great experience...j/k

The whole process is easy, quick and costs $60
Quote: What about us old farts that got the FCC license back when it was required of ALL pilots, there was no fee, and no expiration dates... Are we grandfathered with our existing license from before the dawn of time.
Yes we are. Got mine in 1973.
Yep, still $60.
Is it worth getting the FCC license as soon as possible because the price will only go up in the future or do some regionals will pay for you to get it if you get hired with them?
Quote: Is it worth getting the FCC license as soon as possible because the price will only go up in the future or do some regionals will pay for you to get it if you get hired with them?
Hahahahahahahaha! You're in for a rude awakening.
Quote: Is it worth getting the FCC license as soon as possible because the price will only go up in the future or do some regionals will pay for you to get it if you get hired with them?
Most regionals require you to already have it when you apply, so yeah just get one.
It's alive! It's alive!

1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to