Effective March 5, 2008, ICAO Personnel Licensing standards require that
all pilots with commercial, ATP or FE certificates operating
internationally as required crewmembers of an airplane have an airman
certificate with an endorsement of language proficiency. In the case of
persons holding a U.S. airman certificate, the language proficiency
endorsement will state "English Proficient."

Here's the link.

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/amsrvs/Logon.asp

Do you need to have the new license flying in the US? (Domestic) I don't fly domestic but I have a buddy who does...
Quote: Effective March 5, 2008, ICAO Personnel Licensing standards require that
all pilots with commercial, ATP or FE certificates operating
internationally as required crewmembers of an airplane have an airman
certificate with an endorsement of language proficiency. In the case of
persons holding a U.S. airman certificate, the language proficiency
endorsement will state "English Proficient."

Here's the link.

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/amsrvs/Logon.asp

Do you need to have the new license flying in the US? (Domestic) I don't fly domestic but I have a buddy who does...
Well, since every jet we have flies to at least some international destinations, I'd say yes, every FDX pilot needs the new license. Perhaps not right away, but soon. After all, we all need passports.
FYI, did it this afternoon, I had already registered w/the FAA, so the hardest part was trying to find my password. Took maybe 5 minutes, got the temporary via email and replacement "should" be here in 2 weeks.
Quote: FYI, did it this afternoon, I had already registered w/the FAA, so the hardest part was trying to find my password. Took maybe 5 minutes, got the temporary via email and replacement "should" be here in 2 weeks.
Did it too. Charge it on your company credit card and that is the end of it. Question is will the company pay for it?
Quote: Did it too. Charge it on your company credit card and that is the end of it. Question is will the company pay for it?
Piece of cake !
Quote: Question is will the company pay for it?
FCIF says they will ...

"Use the Company credit card for the cost and expense it through the FOX expense report system."
Quote: Did it too. Charge it on your company credit card and that is the end of it. Question is will the company pay for it?
Just my $0.02 worth, but since the FCIF said to use the Company credit card, they will pay for it.
Again!*?
Is it just me, or does this seem like another requirement the company failed to anticipate in advance (like the French visa thing?) and has dropped in our lap to do on our own time!*? No one has mentioned anything about submitting a pay log for training on a day off?

The company has numerous FAA Designated Check Airman that could issue us all temp certificates and fill out the paperwork to have new licenses sent to our home addresses. But NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Log on to the FAA website on your own time (oh, and we're not even sure you can get onto the FAA website) and let us know how it all turns out. If I procrastinate long enough, can I get bumped off my trip for being not qualified???
Uh, it isn't just us. Spoke with friends at a couple of different airlines today and one thought I made this up.....

Didn't the last FCIF state that the company learned about this info last week? I wonder when ICAO enacted the law, that is the tell-tale regarding the dates.
[quote=MaydayMark;322841]Is it just me, or does this seem like another requirement the company failed to anticipate in advance (like the French visa thing?) and has dropped in our lap to do on our own time!*? ...[/ quote]

It's just YOU!
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to