All future DAL classes delayed indefinitely?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
Heard from a usually reliable source that effective today, all future classes are being put off for the foreseeable future. On the bright side, no furloughs should occur...
heard from a good source that they are training this weeks class (48) plus 100 more, then the doors will shut. If you can get in training by May you are probably good.
are they going to still hire and then train from a pool or stop all together?
If this is indeed true then most likely it is just temporary. They may need instructors to fly the line this summer. I would venture that DAL would start up the hiring process again in the late summer if this is true.
Let's hope for the newbies sake, that's the worse case scenario. I've spoken with a higher-up (before today's announcement), that 1) they would not use the "F" word to newhires just for the sake of it, gotta be WWIII or something huge (oil at 110 doesn't quite cut it), 2) They are very reluctant to stop the whole hiring process, because it would take them months just to get the pipeline filled again. 3) They will not CX flights because of short staffing during peak summer months, unlike AA or NW or UA.

Granted, they may choose to continue at a slower pace, and put people in a pool. I think the next few classes are safe, because those new hires will be flying the peak summer months when they get off training. The late summer classes may be anybody's guesses, but I doubt they'll stop all classes altogether. We still have few new a/c hitting the property, and they need to be manned.

One thing needs to be mentioned is that, the transition of domestic flying to the int'l side has been the plan all along, since all of our a/c are int'l capable, i.e. MD-88 will fly from ATL->CUN. So it may seem a significant reduce flying for other airlines, it probably not such a big hit in staffing for DAL.
As I posted in the "DAL April Classes" thread.You can take this for what it's worth, but from a very reliable source today: As of today, anyone with a conditonal offer of employment is in the door. After today, all interviewing will stop. The interview program for new hire F/As has already been stopped.
As of today, i was sent my e-ticket for the interview on March 24th. We will see if that still happens.
Interviews are continuing at least for now, that is for certain. I'll probably have more solid (and more reliable info than the hearsay posted so far on this thread) within a few days.

Anything up until that point is pure speculation and likely wrong.
Quote: Interviews are continuing at least for now, that is for certain. I'll probably have more solid (and more reliable info than the hearsay posted so far on this thread) within a few days.

Anything up until that point is pure speculation and likely wrong.
I'll be looking forward to it. I interview on 3/27 and can say that I'm a little nervous after hearing this stuff today.
Hey all,

I'm a returning furloughee who is in the current Indoc class. Today we were addressed twice about the upcoming "hiatus" in hiring and new hire training. Looks like management is very focused on holding down rumors and speculation. Also, looks like new hire training will no doubt be put on hold sometime after the April classes. BB wasn't real specific as to exactly when but he did say that the cost of oil is causing a relook at the numbers, at least for awhile. International will stay the priority and domestic may see some short term reductions'changes. As for the "F" word, wasn't used and the mood was decidedly upbeat overall.

Having been through this before, unfortunately, I can attest it is the nature of the industry. Hopefully, the oil price mania will recede during or after the summer. That seem's to be DAL's expectations...and life will go on as previously planned.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to