FDX - MD-11 Reserve Lines - April

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Is it just me or does it seems like there is an excessive amount of carryover reserve lines for April.

It looks like over one-third of the reserve lines have carryover. There's quite a few R-24 lines which is nice, but almost half of them have carryover. Just curious - and a little confused. This doesn't seem normal from recent memory but I could be wrong.
I thought the same thing when I was working on my bid this weekend. I wonder if it has to do with Easter and the 5 week bid month for March. Maybe the sig notes will clear things up.
Quote: Is it just me or does it seems like there is an excessive amount of carryover reserve lines for April.

It looks like over one-third of the reserve lines have carryover. There's quite a few R-24 lines which is nice, but almost half of them have carryover. Just curious - and a little confused. This doesn't seem normal from recent memory but I could be wrong.
I'm betting there is quite a bit of carry over left over from the build.
Quote: I'm betting there is quite a bit of carry over left over from the build.
Let's pretend I don't speak SIG. ??Huh?
It was probably the only domestic solve.
Looking back over the last several months, the # of carryover lines seems somewhat consistent. However, the # of R-24 lines has increased dramatically. Wonder if it has something to do with the hotel stby's that folks are talking about?
After the PSIT members "build" the bid pack, trips are left over for open time. That info is not available to us non-builders until bids are awarded, but it is already there before the reserve lines are built. (I don't believe there is a conspiracy here. Vacation drops have yet to be included) The Airbus PSIT guy told us in the SIG notes he left very little available for secondary lines.

The company "builds" the reserve lines considering what open time they predict will be left to "prime the pump" at open time release and to account for other things I am not privy to. Things like how much they think they can squeeze onto secondary lines, historic sick time usage, peak etc.
The number of R-24 lines increased for 727 SOs when we stuffed too many into the seat.
Number of R-24 lines should be 10% of the number of R-lines. The increase in R-24 is because there is an overall increase in the number of R lines.

25.D.3.e.

There shall be a minimum of 10% R-24 lines per bid pack,
with a minimum of one R-24 line (described in Section
25.M.2.). The Company and the SIG shall coordinate to
establish a percentage of R-24 lines by bid pack, and this
percentage shall be reevaluated on a quarterly basis.
Quote: Number of R-24 lines should be 10% of the number of R-lines. The increase in R-24 is because there is an overall increase in the number of R lines.

25.D.3.e.

There shall be a minimum of 10% R-24 lines per bid pack,
with a minimum of one R-24 line (described in Section
25.M.2.). The Company and the SIG shall coordinate to
establish a percentage of R-24 lines by bid pack, and this
percentage shall be reevaluated on a quarterly basis.
Not necessarily......... Could be higher.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to