Teamsters and ALPA -- Compare and Contrast

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to
Quote: If given the choice of the Teamsters or ALPA, which would you choose and why? What do you see are the pros and cons of each?

Please, PLEASE! Let's try to stay constructive. Some of us have a decision to make in the next few months.

Thanks,
j
There is really no comparison, they both have their pro n con's, only different is, one is industry only, the other one is not.
Quote: I’ve worked ALPA and Teamsters. I think more depends on your specific MEC/EXCO than anything else. The benefits of being an ALPA member were a little better with ALPA. For example the aeromedical assistance provided by ALPA was a little better than Harvey Watt, but they’re still decent.
Where were Teamsters defending the FTDT rules, or the ATP (1500 hr) rule? Or in the fight against NAI? I saw ALPA advertisements and the PAC actively pursuing those objectives regularly.

There is no comparison, ALPA is a better union for airline pilots. Both can perform the basic contract negotiations.... it’s everywhere else that ALPA is clearly superior.
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to