Allegiant Air?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to
Overall AA's maintenence is as good or better than anywhere else due to the fact that it's the only legacy airline that uses only American (from the USA) mechanics for everything. However, with the recent finding that the V1 cut out of LGA a few months ago was from poor maintenece oversight you may have a point.

Allegiant has a different philosophy and the "home every night" feel does affect the morale for the better. Mix in direct flights to small destinations and you can see why they are being emulated.
Quote: Overall AA's maintenence is as good or better than anywhere else due to the fact that it's the only legacy airline that uses only American (from the USA) mechanics for everything. However, with the recent finding that the V1 cut out of LGA a few months ago was from poor maintenece oversight you may have a point.
Hmm dint realize that by having only American mechanics, makes AAs maintenance department "better" than the most.

I flew on Aligiant airlines last year. The crew was awesome and the flight was fun. My friends and I wont $127 on the flight, once we entered nevada boundaries. I did not once questions the safety of the MadDog
You don't prefer maintenence done on that aluminum tube propelling you through the sky at 600mph to be done by Americans with proper credentials to someone abroad who may not be as qualified?

Would you prefer your doctor went to college and got a degree here or in Guatamala? Would you drive your car across the border to Mexico to get a new engine put in?
Wow. What an awesome forum! I am looking at flying AA's newer route from San Diego to Monterey in January and also wondered about the safety record. I feel completely at ease now and will make a reservation if only I can figure out the convoluted fare/fee structure. Yikes! Still, it looks like it will be reasonable and, oh so much more convenient than flying SWA to San Jose and then taking the shuttle to Monterey. Thanks again to everyone for commenting on worried Jack's post. (I love to fly and only get white knuckles when I have to take off my shoes in the security lines. grrrr)
"Wow. What an awesome forum! I am looking at flying AA's newer route from San Diego to Monterey in January and also wondered about the safety record. I feel completely at ease now and will make a reservation if only I can figure out the convoluted fare/fee structure. Yikes! Still, it looks like it will be reasonable and, oh so much more convenient than flying SWA to San Jose and then taking the shuttle to Monterey. Thanks again to everyone for commenting on worried Jack's post. (I love to fly and only get white knuckles when I have to take off my shoes in the security lines. grrrr)"

Good grief, how did my mom get access to this web site. By the way, AA is a little outfit out'a Texas, Dallas I believe - American Airlines.
Quote:
how did my mom get access to this web site
Hope that's not her in your Avatar.
Quote: Hope that's not her in your Avatar.
Good one!
While going to MFR I heard Allegiant say they needed 5000rvr to get in. Did I hear that correctly? I thought it was odd that we started the approach and you guys were in a hold. Is it because of the terrain? Just curious.
Quote: While going to MFR I heard Allegiant say they needed 5000rvr to get in. Did I hear that correctly? I thought it was odd that we started the approach and you guys were in a hold. Is it because of the terrain? Just curious.

The ILS 14 would require 5000 RVR. The MD80 is a cat C straight in, cat D circle airplane.
More Maintenance Issues? Allegiant Air?
Hello
I'm new to this forum - I was searching on "Allegiant Air Safety" and found the Jack2007 thread.

I fly all the time on business - not so much lately but in 2006 I spent over 150 nights on the road, mostly short trips, and often with the feeder airlines like Pinnacle -and I'm still alive. So I'm not a nervous flyer.

But the reason I was even checking Allegiant's record was that there are numerous reports of fires in the planes, runway issues where tires are blowing or brakes failing etc.etc. I'm scheduled to fly from ELM to Orlando Sanford next Monday - it was just on the news that yet another flight to Ft. Lauderdale had to be grounded because of brake/tire issues and could not return to Elmira.

So let's get serious here about this issue - this is obviously a low-cost operation doing what they do for the price they do it for. You don't hear about problems like this with major carriers at the rate I'm hearing about them with Allegiant. Isn't it at least possible that maybe their planes are suffering from less maintenance than they should be having ? I mean for an airline that only flies twice a week from ELM they seem to have a lot of issues. Fires on the runway are not a good sign. Pilots - want to chime in?
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to