ALPA vs USAPA (USA West vs East)

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
261 eligible voters didn't cast a vote, or didn't cast for ALPA or USAPA anyway.
Sometimes you shouldn't wish for something or you might just get it. I think the east just hosed themselves...............
And what is having a new union supposed to do for the East pilots, again?
Captain Prater is Just the Piano Player
I really wouldn't blame Captain Prater for the posture that ALPA National has taken over the past few years. The disenfranchisement of ALPA National started with Dwayne Woerth's administration and the "no backbone" tactics in dealing with airline management costs thousands of loyal, hard working line pilots untold hundreds of thousands of dollars, their benefits, retirements, etc. I would say that "what goes around comes around" and the pendulum just crashed through the palace on Herndon Parkway.

Unfortunately, it's too late for too many line pilots. Which MEC is next ?

By the way, if you want to see something unbelievable, check out the salaries of all of the Officers, and Vice-Presidents on Herndon Parkway. That's where your dues money went Gentlemen. A crying shame !!

I'm ejecting.....out !!
Quote: And what is having a new union supposed to do for the East pilots, again?
Good point! They now have a toothless (broke) union, who still only has a 1 in 7 chance of overturning the merger ruling. Status Quo for 4 more years.
The East pilots just handed all their leverage over to the company. The company will play hardball and the new union can't do anything, because they have no funds to fight it out in court.
Quote: I had a US Airways :LGA-based Airbus CA look my captain and I in the eye one day (after he asked for a jumpseat!) and tell us that we, as 50 seat regional pilots, "make too much money and that's why we were in bankruptcy twice".

Had another Airways CA, on the cockpit jumpseat this time, absolutely rail on us for flying RJs on routes they used to have 737s on...like it was our choice.

Wear that ALPA pin with pride of you want...they're big boys, they can take it.
Yeah, I do, I just wanted to try to head off a potentially uncomfortable situation. Though FWIW I've had in Eagle capt tell me to take my ALPA lanyard off too. He tends not to like ALPA too much, hahe
Quote: oh, now this is going to get real interesting. I best make sure to take off my ALPA pin before on a US airways flight.
Why would you do something like that? They'll be back some day.
fbh
Quote: And what is having a new union supposed to do for the East pilots, again?

well we know Seham will be representing the pilots who like to shoot holes in the side of aircraft..... he has such a good record of winning cases..
How long until USAPA is bankrupt? The company will tie them up in the courts until the lawyers have all their money and they have nothing.
why would the company tie them or anyone up in court?
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to