Costs aside: Purdue or ERAU?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to
Quote: .......there's something to be said when EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE looks up simultaneously when an airliner or any other type of jet takes off on 7L.
There sure is! You'll be surrounded and suffocated by the same type of people, with about as much intellectual and philosophical diversity as a colony of meerkats, for four years. Have fun!
Quote: There sure is! You'll be surrounded and suffocated by the same type of people, with about as much intellectual and philosophical diversity as a colony of meerkats, for four years. Have fun!

I can see that some things and some people never change!!! How in hell have you been? It's good to "see" some of the old faces.

atp
Go to a school where you can lay some pipe with college chicks.
Quote: I can see that some things and some people never change!!! How in hell have you been? It's good to "see" some of the old faces.

atp
You are correct! They continue to charge a hundred thousand dollars for a fluffed, padded vo-tech degree, and market it to naive teenagers as if it's a paved-in-gold pathway to the left seat of a 777, and I continue to speak ill of it.

Doing fine here...you?
Quote: You are correct! They continue to charge a hundred thousand dollars for a fluffed, padded vo-tech degree, and market it to naive teenagers as if it's a paved-in-gold pathway to the left seat of a 777, and I continue to speak ill of it.

Doing fine here...you?
Check out the thread "Aspiring pilots....

Just kinda anxious to get things going. I've been talking about it and talking about it and doing the research and posting comments......just wanting to translate all of this potential energy to kinetic.

Other than that, things are fine.

atp
Purdue. For all of the reasons others have stated.
If we are talking girls, you have to go to Auburn. Forget about those pasty northerners!
Quote: If we are talking girls, you have to go to Auburn. Forget about those pasty northerners!
I didn't know we were there. If so, I would agree. Avoid the corn-fed midwesterners.
Opinions are like a$$h0les, everyone's got one. Here’s mine (opinion that is…):

My experience:
- Graduated Prescott ERAU ’98 Electrical Engineering. Flight training ‘on-the-side’ (local FBO) with two flight courses through ERAU*.
- 3 job offers (engineering) before graduating (Honeywell, Dassault Falcon Jet, Reflectone – sim manufacture in Tampa, FL C130, V22, Blackhawk) and many interviews with aviation companies** (NASA, Boeing, Lockheed, etc). I believe my name would have gotten lost at a Big Ten school, never having had this type of aviation exposure. (This is #1 reason I believe ERAU is the better choice.)
- Undergrad Aerospace Engineering top in the country (US New and World Report want you to pay to see ranking. See it here for free –
Embry-Riddle Wins Top College Ranking
- Flight training in AZ = good weather (less cancelled flight training lessons)
- Engineering degree success is not pass/fail like larger schools (engineering degrees at larger schools - you compete to complete). ERAU = smaller classroom = more learned = more available resources (no Teacher Assistants in the classroom, talk one-on-one with those professors TEACHING the classes) = higher success rate to complete your engineering degree.
- Tuition - recognized that tuition has increased over the years, in ’98 ERAU tuition was below the national private school average. Out of state tuition at Purdue???
- ERAU receives $$, endorsements and interaction from all the major players in the aviation community. FAA, NTSB, NASA, Boeing, Lockheed, etc. – you name it and there’s ERAU alumni working there, looking to hire you. This also means excellent aviation co-ops/internships with aviation companies. Not only engineering but the airlines as well (contact ERAU’s Career Planning Center, you will be pleasantly surprised).

* - Flight Training was the best I ever experienced (yet this compared to local on-the-field schools I mostly used to save money).
** - If you are not interested in engineering in aerospace/aviation, ERAU may not be for you.

Any university’s success is driven by alumni (and $$$).

Bottom line – complete your BA/BS degree. Complete an engineering degree and you open more doors; especially pilot type jobs. Hope this helps and good luck to you! Exciting times!
"I believe my name would have gotten lost at a Big Ten school, never having had this type of aviation exposure"

You mean at a program like Purdue's, where the class size was about 60 people a year?? How many people were in your graduating class from flight? So much for your #1 reason...
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to