Recent FedEx ALPA MEC Resolution

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
Quote: JJ,
All I'm saying is that this specific issue is nothing more than a paper tiger that our MEC is using to try to convince us they can and will make a stand in "our best interests". I support ALPA and am not, as you depict me, someone who "hates an organization". I am not going to be hoodwinked on such a trivial issue when I have no faith that this MEC will not at some point in the future go against the desire of the "vast majority" of their constituents beause "they know best". Please don't try to throw me into an inaccurate category you feel more comfortable dealing with me from.
Trivial issue?
Quote: Pin,
Please tell me this is not a serious response about such a serious issue.
No, just trying to point out that the majority shouldn't be able to vote take away someone's seniority, be it age 60 or any other matter. I also wouldn't want a vote on whether to furlough or not. Hopefully it wouldn't pass, but people still fly DP's and do many other selfish things.
Quote: No, just trying to point out that the majority shouldn't be able to vote take away someone's seniority, be it age 60 or any other matter. I also wouldn't want a vote on whether to furlough or not. Hopefully it wouldn't pass, but people still fly DP's and do many other selfish things.
We get to vote on the TA, LOAs, 401K options and others, but when DW wants to spend our dues money to try to change the language to accomodate his pals....no chance. Southwest is currently hiring back over 60 ex-Capts to F/O seat with a brand new seniority number at the bottom. This is supported by their union membership. Novel concept huh?
deleted deleted
Quote: This sounds just like a discussion that happened on the crewbus with a certain former MEC chairman JD...

Higher paycheck = more to give to our biggest tax increase in the history of the US.... which also means less money in our pocket.

Speaking of closed doors - what was ALPA's big claim on the Age 60 Rule? THE DOORS WERE CLOSED UNTIL WE CHANGED OUR POSITION!!! Or was that just another LIE propagated by our Union?

I understand the ALPA leadership thinks that everyone that doesn't have a mustache is an idiot - but they have forgotten what they are supposed to do - REPRESENT THE MEMBERSHIPS WISHES.
If we all go mustachioed, maybe they will vote according to our wishes.
Quote: JJ,
All I'm saying is that this specific issue is nothing more than a paper tiger that our MEC is using to try to convince us they can and will make a stand in "our best interests". I support ALPA and am not, as you depict me, someone who "hates an organization". I am not going to be hoodwinked on such a trivial issue when I have no faith that this MEC will not at some point in the future go against the desire of the "vast majority" of their constituents beause "they know best". Please don't try to throw me into an inaccurate category you feel more comfortable dealing with me from.
Ham,

Sorry if I offended you by using the phrase "hating an organization", it wasn't meant toward you directly. I was only saying that it might be better to somehow come to terms with our MEC, rather than seeing everything they do as either a negative, or something that's really just a token effort (in your eyes) can't be all that healthy. As well, I wasn't "throwing you into any category, inaccurate or otherwise. Again, apologies offered.
No sweat JJ. I am just convinced that it is too late for this MC to regain the trust of those who feel betrayed/ignored by the stance they took on the Age 65 legislation and the pathetic FDA LOAs they sold to the membership as "the best they could get." But then again, what do I know?
Quote: So, if the FDX MEC had fought age 65, it would not have gone through? This is about the 200 over 60 guys who are now able to go to a left seat if their seniority allows it. The MEC did do the right thing just like they are in stating they will not allow the bottom 200 guys to be furloughed. The over 60 guys seniority is no less important than the guy who is concerned about a furlough. If you start sacrificing one segment of seniority, then the box has been opened and we all need to watch out to see if we are next. We all got hired knowing it is a seniority based system, the top guy has it great and the bottom guy waits until it is his turn.
The FAA's NPRM had no retro provisions in it. Likewise the original language for the age 65 law that was passed had no retroactive clause in it or more spcifically, the original language didn't have anything pertaining to "pilots still active on the master seniority list". This was an unsolicited change by ALPA National but added to the language at the specific request of our MEC Chairman. I read the bill before and after the change.
Quote: The FAA's NPRM had no retro provisions in it. Likewise the original language for the age 65 law that was passed had no retroactive clause in it or more spcifically, the original language didn't have anything pertaining to "pilots still active on the master seniority list". This was an unsolicited change by ALPA National but added to the language at the specific request of our MEC Chairman. I read the bill before and after the change.
I read both as well, but feel like the addition was good because it specifically addressed that exact issue. If it didn't matter whether or not the language was in there, then why are people so mad. It's kind of like arguing about what color of blue the sky is(Carolina of course).
Mods anyone?
Now I am sure this place is like the other place....

I can't believe the pablum spouted by the thread starter wasn't closed and original post removed as what happened to my much less inflammatory statement about our MEC's affect on career progression vs. a political candidate. Painfully obvious which way the wind blows.....

Or...the mods....without actually saying so....intimated that if you didn't like a post, then you can file a complaint. I suspect a shifty lurker whose youth can only sport a painted on "Groucho Marx" style mustache might have complained.

Sleepy, was that you? Now play nice.

(like how I was able to tie the whole left wing conspiracy with a reference to Marx)
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to