CL604 Pilot pay

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Question for GlobalDriver 53
I see that you were a USAir pilot who went to Corporate. I have returned to USAir from furlough and am not very impressed with the state of the US airline industry. I have recently been offered a position as a Global Express Captain and am seriously considering it.

As an USAir turned Global pilot what advice can you share. What surprised you about the corporate world. What do you think of the plane and of the training. Any advice?

Thanks!
Quote: You are. You're comparing apples to oranges. Plus, a CRJ doesn't do any international flying.
aside from mexico, the mesa cr9 also goes to YEG, YVR and YYC and there are plenty of of flights out of IAD to eastern Canada. North America is a REGION after all.
Quote: I see that you were a USAir pilot who went to Corporate. I have returned to USAir from furlough and am not very impressed with the state of the US airline industry. I have recently been offered a position as a Global Express Captain and am seriously considering it.

As an USAir turned Global pilot what advice can you share. What surprised you about the corporate world. What do you think of the plane and of the training. Any advice?

Thanks!
Ok, not that guy, but I am in a similar situation. Straight corp is very different from Fracs. Fractionals have many "airline like" aspects, including skeds, vacations, and overall responsibilities. I work for a very small department, and its pretty much just me and my boss. We are on 24/7/365. Sure, they have a "plan" and almost always stick to it, but I am always on call. Flying is very interesting, and I really like the variety. Mostly dom stuff for us, but we just got back from Eastern Europe, which was very cool. There is lots of "other stuff" to do, and it all must be done exactly right. Folks get fired over stuff like having Pepsi instead of Coke. You will probably have some kind of cabin attendant, which will help relive you of some of this stuff, but it will still all be on your head. Did you check to make sure the FBO has hanger space? Is fuel cheaper across the field? Are you sure they have 24hr staffing? Ready to watch the ramp guys take 45min trying to squeeze your airplane into the hanger? These are the kind of issues you must track in a 91 op. I'd have a good long talk with some folks in the department and try to get a full picture of what your real "day to day" will be like. Probably better money and stability (whatever that is), just be sure you are prepared for the reality of the job.

Good luck

Z
Thanks Edznaz.....anyone else?
Quote: hmmm i fly a CRJ-900 for about 37,000

I must be doing something terribly wrong!

OK everybody who responded seriously to this remark needs to sit back, relax, turn on your sarcasm detector and your sense of humor....
Quote: You are. You're comparing apples to oranges. Plus, a CRJ doesn't do any international flying.
I didnt realize Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, and about 7 or 8 Carribean countries weren't part of the U.S....
Quote: I didnt realize Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, and about 7 or 8 Carribean countries weren't part of the U.S....

Yes, it's international flying. However flying to places like you mentioned (short hops, while speaking to mostly US controllers) really doesn't compare with an 6-8 hour flight where multiple overflight permits or oceanic airspace/HF radio is required.
Quote: Ok, not that guy, but I am in a similar situation. Straight corp is very different from Fracs. Fractionals have many "airline like" aspects, including skeds, vacations, and overall responsibilities. I work for a very small department, and its pretty much just me and my boss. We are on 24/7/365. Sure, they have a "plan" and almost always stick to it, but I am always on call. Flying is very interesting, and I really like the variety. Mostly dom stuff for us, but we just got back from Eastern Europe, which was very cool. There is lots of "other stuff" to do, and it all must be done exactly right. Folks get fired over stuff like having Pepsi instead of Coke. You will probably have some kind of cabin attendant, which will help relive you of some of this stuff, but it will still all be on your head. Did you check to make sure the FBO has hanger space? Is fuel cheaper across the field? Are you sure they have 24hr staffing? Ready to watch the ramp guys take 45min trying to squeeze your airplane into the hanger? These are the kind of issues you must track in a 91 op. I'd have a good long talk with some folks in the department and try to get a full picture of what your real "day to day" will be like. Probably better money and stability (whatever that is), just be sure you are prepared for the reality of the job.

Good luck

Z
Hey I had that same job in two different places. ( hehe ) I think that is the kind of thing that makes Corporate flying interesting.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to