Capital Cargo

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Considering a career move....What are the thoughts on Capital Cargo..work conditions, future growth, pilot group, etc....thanks in advance....
ncflyer704,

Be cautious of Capital, ATI, and ABX Air because we are all owned by Air transport Services Group. The parent company is in serious crisis over the DHL contract. The future is very questionable!

Red
If you are really a crj line holder, then I would say stay where you are for the time being. Keep building your time, the job you WANT will probably come available and you will be more qualified if you stay put.

WG
Red and Worldguy.....thanks for the input...it is valued and appreciated....
Quote: If you are really a crj line holder, then I would say stay where you are for the time being. Keep building your time, the job you WANT will probably come available and you will be more qualified if you stay put.

WG
I would have to agree, making a move now to the bottom of any seniority list is risky.
The quickest way to get that turbine PIC is to stay where you are.
Capital now= not a good idea.
Quote: ncflyer704,

Be cautious of Capital, ATI, and ABX Air because we are all owned by Air transport Services Group. The parent company is in serious crisis over the DHL contract. The future is very questionable!

Red
ATI is hiring a bunch right now(and projected into next year), mostly due to 767s arriving this year and many more forecasted for next year. We are a BAX contractee, as opposed to DHL(ASTAR/ABX), and as such have seen zero impact so far from the DHL mess. The seniority list is moving pretty good right now.
Quote: ATI is hiring a bunch right now(and projected into next year), mostly due to 767s arriving this year and many more forecasted for next year. We are a BAX contractee, as opposed to DHL(ASTAR/ABX), and as such have seen zero impact so far from the DHL mess. The seniority list is moving pretty good right now.
However I imagine BAX (and DB) are taking a long hard look at a fleet of 727's and DC-8's at $130/bbl oil and cringing.

I wouldn't want to be at the bottom of ANY seniority list right now.
130drvr,

I hate to sour the drink you are enjoying, but no ATSG means all of our jobs are gone regardless of which contract or airline we fly for under ATSG.

Red
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to