UPS Reduces Profit Forecast...

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 12
Go to
Quote: Where there is smoke there is fire....

On the day-to-day, airline operations side of the house, what has UPS done to offset skyrocketing fuel costs ? To me, the topic is never brought up at all.

Oh well, back to my foreign language DVD's...

FF
You know exactly what they're doing. Rag on you to not start the APU even if it's -20C in ANC or +35C in SDF and then when you taxi in watch the GPU run out of gas or try to plug it into the LAV service.
With the stock at a all time low, one would think that the company would start buying back, as much of it as possible??? I wonder if they know that its going decline further and waiting for it to bottom out before they start buying it back and make the company a private held company again. Didn't they want to do this a few years back or am I smoking a Lucky again?
Ups announced last year that it had allocated funds to buy more stock in 2008. I believe the amount was several billion dollars. Corporate announced that project during the 4th quarter of 2007
And while we are reducing managers, why don't we also reduce pilot pay and benefits like all of the rest the commercial airlines
Quote: And while we are reducing managers, why don't we also reduce pilot pay and benefits like all of the rest the commercial airlines
Well I guess this one is pretty easy to answer! I think its because even with the decline in profits UPS will still make about 4 Billion in profits this year. Now if we start taking a loss I imagine your wish will come true! I think my time here is limited as a junior guy as I am starting to see the writing on the wall. It might not happen next week, month, or six months from now; but if the predictions of 200 dollars a barrel hold true you might be looking for a job too.
Quote: And while we are reducing managers, why don't we also reduce pilot pay and benefits like all of the rest the commercial airlines
Now Jeff, you know better than to stir the pot! You could still be at Polar, after all
Huh, what? Did you say the "A" word???? BLASPHEMY!!! Who do you work for??? You mean that during basic indoctrination, I mean re-education that they didnt tell you "UPS is not an airline???"
Actualy managers at other airlines come from the real pilot group (UNION) and generate revenue for thier company unlike ours that are x RJ captains and over night non revenue managment pilot. SO HOW'S ANCHORAGE THESE DAYS>
If he came from Polar, he aint perzactly an RJ guy.
I can believe fools actually do this. I got on a plane the other day and shook the F/O's hand and he was fing sweating. You gotta be kidding me. We don't get paid to sit around in a fing sweat box. The problem, his captain! Jesus turn the air on!!!!

Quote: You know exactly what they're doing. Rag on you to not start the APU even if it's -20C in ANC or +35C in SDF and then when you taxi in watch the GPU run out of gas or try to plug it into the LAV service.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 12
Go to