Kalitta crash near Bogota

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 14
Go to
Although they're reporting it as Centurion, it looks like a Kalitta 747 crashing near Bogota this morning.
JACDEC - Current News
Quote: Although they're reporting it as Centurion, it looks like a Kalitta 747 crashing near Bogota this morning.
I think Kalitta Air flies as an ACMI for Centurion down there.
Really bad month or so for Kalitta - prayers to the crew.
Quote: I think Kalitta Air flies as an ACMI for Centurion down there.
Yes, they did and do.

Hell of a summer for the CKS operation. I hope all is well.
OK...I will maybe get thrashed for this, and thats ok. I also want to disclose that I am NOT normally a conspiracy nut and I know that it is waaay to early for speculation.

Two American cargo flights crash in Columbia within 24 hours. Given the events (hostage release - FARC setbacks over the last months) is it at all possible that terrorism could have played a part? One report I heard about the USA Jet deal was "engine problems", and the Kalitta plane was said to report an engine fire after take-off. Is there any possibility of some AA fire?
Quote: OK...I will maybe get thrashed for this, and thats ok. I also want to disclose that I am NOT normally a conspiracy nut and I know that it is waaay to early for speculation.

Two American cargo flights crash in Columbia within 24 hours. Given the events (hostage release - FARC setbacks over the last months) is it at all possible that terrorism could have played a part? One report I heard about the USA Jet deal was "engine problems", and the Kalitta plane was said to report an engine fire after take-off. Is there any possibility of some AA fire?

Except that USA jet was in mexico.......they do both speak spanish tho!
Bogota is at 8800' msl. Many many bad things can happen to you, taking off at that altitude.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 14
Go to