High Performance Sign Off

Subscribe
I hold a commercial multi but have never had a chance to get a high performance endorsement. Ive been flying with a friend in his Cessna 402 but unfortunately cant log any of this time. I am looking to get a high performance endorsement asap in the Boston Ma area. Any Ideas?
Rent the closest 182/cherokee 6 and get that sign-off!!!!!!
If executive flyer's is sill in BED I am shore you could get it there. There is also a place in KOWD(norwood) That can probably help you out. PM me if you are looking for any other options or drop me an email at [email protected]
If your friend is a CFI, he could actually do the training and the sign-off. Otherwise, find an HP aircraft and do the checkout.
in the back of my logbook the HP endorsement says something like 'i find (name of pilot) competent to act as PIC in high performance airplanes', which i did get endorsed in a piper commanche 250. but in AC 61-65E the high performance endorsement is much more specific

I certify that (First name, MI, Last name), (pilot certificate), (certificate number), has received the required training of section 61.31(f) in a (make and model of high performance airplane). I have determined that he/she is proficient in the operation and systems of a high performance airplane.
[date] J. J. Jones 987654321CFI Exp. 12-31-05

is one better than the other?
Quote: in the back of my logbook the HP endorsement says something like 'i find (name of pilot) competent to act as PIC in high performance airplanes', which i did get endorsed in a piper commanche 250. but in AC 61-65E the high performance endorsement is much more specific

I certify that (First name, MI, Last name), (pilot certificate), (certificate number), has received the required training of section 61.31(f) in a (make and model of high performance airplane). I have determined that he/she is proficient in the operation and systems of a high performance airplane.
[date] J. J. Jones 987654321CFI Exp. 12-31-05

is one better than the other?
Generally, I use AC 61-65E language (hard to go wrong) but it is not required. A pre-printed blank endorsement that came in your logbook is probably OK. Probably.
i agree, FAA language is very black and white. i was just a little bit concerned with the preprinted one in my logbook becaue it doesn't give specifics
Remember that 61-65 does get updated on occasion (such as the addition of the Sport Pilot certificate). Who knows what your logbook manufacturer referenced. My suggestion is use 61-65 whenever you get a new endorsement, but no, you shouldn't have to convert the old sign-off.