F-22 Buzzing Seattle

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
This is raw video, so no sound or commentary. I'd like to know why the plane didn't have bombs!

I'm still an F-18 kinda girl.

Video | KING5.com | News for Seattle, Washington
Quote: I'd like to know why the plane didn't have bombs!
It may just be that I didn't pick up on sarcasm, or I'm completely wrong but I believe the bombs are stored internally.
Quote: This is raw video, so no sound or commentary. I'd like to know why the plane didn't have bombs!

I'm still an F-18 kinda girl.

The -22 is produced here in Marietta and we see them frequently. But ALL stores are carried internally to retain the stealth profile. Hang stuff on pylons or stations and the stealth disappears.
They are neat looking planes. When I was in Marietta I saw one on approach to Dobbins with an F-16 as chase. It sure made the F-16 look small!
Those things are quiet.
You know - the article using the word "buzzing" or "buzz over" is sensationalism. Those words carry the image of aircraft at only a few hundred feet of less zooming back and forth like some cowboys. That video looked to me like two F-22s in parade formation coming into the break (overhead) and then landing.

Sleek aircraft btw. Like most airplanes - they look a lot better flying than sitting on the deck.

USMCFLYR
This is a complementary follow up article about one of the pilots of the two F-22s - a female and from Washington! I am going out of town this weekend, otherwise, I would be first in line at McChord on Saturday.

Quote:
From Seattle PI:
As top military fighters descend on Tacoma and Seattle air shows to spotlight their flying skills during the next few weeks, they will be joined by some very talented women.

At McChord Air Force Base, two from the nation's growing group of female fighter pilots will appear this weekend, building on the hard-fought legacy of flying women such as the famed Women Airforce Service Pilots of World War II -- the WASPs.

Maj. Samantha Weeks, 32, a member of the Air Force Thunderbirds aerial demonstration team, will handle the lead solo F-16 Fighting Falcon jet in two Air Expo 2008 performances at McChord Air Force Base this weekend.

At the controls of a lethal military aircraft, gender doesn't matter
Quote: But ALL stores are carried internally to retain the stealth profile. Hang stuff on pylons or stations and the stealth disappears.
Not entirely true. Can't remember if it was at Langley or at Dobins (Marietta) when I was doing Safety Chase on new F-22's doing acceptance flights, but I definitely saw Raptors with External Wing tanks.

Quick Raptor Google Kung-fu
Quote: They are neat looking planes. When I was in Marietta I saw one on approach to Dobbins with an F-16 as chase. It sure made the F-16 look small!
Yes, looks like a sparrow flying with an eagle and the machines sound VERY different. You can tell when the -22 is up. Also, they are flying the re-engined C-5 frequently and it is so quiet it is spooky.
I believe the Raptor has mounting points on the outside in case they want to load it up for an assault, but right on about that ruining the stealth.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to