ANA JP Express or Air Japan??

Subscribe
30  80  120  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  140 
Page 130 of 161
Go to
Here, I'll say the good things about Japan since you say I've only posted negative.

1. The people are very respectful
2. The air (we'll post Fukushima I'm not so sure now) was very clean
3. There is ALOT of culture to see
4. There is always fun things to do
5. If your single you will love it
6. If your married you may soon very well be single (:
7. They make awesome remote control models
8. The food is good
9. The contract is followed and your not screwed on the contract
10. The mx is good
11. ATC is good
12. You can do visual approaches unlike here in China. Heaven forbid the approach aids aren't working you might very well see another Asiana 777
13. The housing albeit small is nice
14. People are clean

Am I missing anything?
Quote:
Am I missing anything?
15. They are good at following rules to the Nth degree.
16. They are great at letting you break the rules when it helps them even though they would never do it.
17. They speak pretty good English.
18. They speak great Japanese.
19. Narita is capable of handling almost 10 airplanes at one time!
20. They make fantastic whiskey.
21. It's probably the cheapest place in the world to buy single malt Scotch.
22. Their McDonalds tastes better, has bette customer service, and never screws up an order.

That should do.
Which floor plan do they put us in at the Takanawa complex during training?
Quote: Which floor plan do they put us in at the Takanawa complex during training?
Pilots are not staying at the Shin-Takanawa anymore, you will get a furnished apartment (apart-hotel) quite nice actually.
Quote: Pilots are not staying at the Shin-Takanawa anymore, you will get a furnished apartment (apart-hotel) quite nice actually.
Do you know what the new place is called?
Quote: Pilots are not staying at the Shin-Takanawa anymore, you will get a furnished apartment (apart-hotel) quite nice actually.
When is this change? Just left there last week for the upgrade class and the January new-hires were staying there.
Quote: When is this change? Just left there last week for the upgrade class and the January new-hires were staying there.
My apologies then..., I didn't know that the apart hotel at Shirokane Takanawa was not being used anymore
Hello Dominican,
Thanks for the great info on this sight.
I heard Air Japan never hire Japanese pilots there but how about Japanese American? There is a place to put Japanese name in Japanese language on the application lately. If I put Japanese name there, it could be bad isn't it? Not sure.
Quote: My apologies then..., I didn't know that the apart hotel at Shirokane Takanawa was not being used anymore
OK. Maybe we are talking about same or different places. We stayed at the Duplex C at Shirokane Takanawa, same as I stayed 5 years ago. Classes as recently as January were staying there. Not sure if there are going to be any changes though as there were some complaints of loud parties by some of our new guys.
Quote: Hello Dominican,
Thanks for the great info on this sight.
I heard Air Japan never hire Japanese pilots there but how about Japanese American? There is a place to put Japanese name in Japanese language on the application lately. If I put Japanese name there, it could be bad isn't it? Not sure.
We do have a few Japanese pilots that are on contract like us but the pilots union put a stop to the hiring of Japanese pilots at AJX..., but that doesn't include the US(or anywhere else really) Japanese descendants.., (Nihon-Gaijin, as it's known) we have several here.

jrmyl... Just got a PM from one of the new guys stating that they are staying at the apart hotel..., maybe some guys are staying at the hotel due to overflow at the apartments??? That could be the case since we are getting so many new hires at the moment.., but this is just a guess, I don't know for sure.
30  80  120  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  140 
Page 130 of 161
Go to