Cash Reserves

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
I thought the part about Delta's cash reserves was interesting.
IM

Airlines emerge from profit-killing oil slick - USATODAY.com
OMG!!! The wrong airline is being acquired.

Someone should tell NW management.
Oh joy.........another who is saving who discussion

Ferd
Its from USA Today, not worth the energy to acknowledge the article....
Quote: Oh joy.........another who is saving who discussion

Ferd
Hopefully it won't degenerate into that, but it does show that Delta is merging with a tremendously strong carrier. 24% cash to revenue ratio is really strong, and that will lift the new airline's ratio to over 20% after the merger. All good things.

Carl
Quote: Hopefully it won't degenerate into that, but it does show that Delta is merging with a tremendously strong carrier. 24% cash to revenue ratio is really strong, and that will lift the new airline's ratio to over 20% after the merger. All good things.

Carl
Yup! Agree with that for sure, I'm sorta getting excited to see a marketing plan.....sorta like christmas. Imagine, a company that will actually want to compete around the world.

However, a wild and unverified rumor last time I was in Narita is that LA 767s may replace the Asia 757s. Coming through HNL the 767s could do away with our deadheads out of MSP or DTW (which is what the Contential guys do). Any Delta guys heard anything like that?

Ferd <---------king of thread creep
Yep, but our ER catagory also flies the 757 as well. I plan on bidding that as soon as possible.
Been hearing that A-330's would be replacing 76ER's out JFK, anyone else hear that?
Probably old info regardless, just wondering if anyone else has been hearing that.
If this is the case, how do you think that will play out for junior guys trying to stay in NYC. Believe the No Bump/No Flush clause means that you cannot be displaced out of base unless your equipment is moved, again not sure if I'm interpreting that correctly.
Yes, they will be doing some of the shorter Europe stuff as well as ATL to South America. It carries more cargo and burns the same amount of gas. The 330 does not go quite as far though.
Sufice to say there will be a lot of shifting of the Heavy Metal in the next year or so.
Quote: Been hearing that A-330's would be replacing 76ER's out JFK, anyone else hear that?
Probably old info regardless, just wondering if anyone else has been hearing that.
If this is the case, how do you think that will play out for junior guys trying to stay in NYC. Believe the No Bump/No Flush clause means that you cannot be displaced out of base unless your equipment is moved, again not sure if I'm interpreting that correctly.

How about that once-rumored 'voluntary LOA' clause for up to 10 years in a future SLI agreement?
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to