FDX Aircraft

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
A couple of questions regarding FDX aircraft:
Why has FDX decided to retire "some" DC-10's and not convert to MD-10?
What would lead FDX to convert the B777 aircraft orders they have to confirmed? Any rumors about more B777's or even the A380 Freighter program being brought back? How is the search for all of those B757's going?
Some planes are worn out and not worth converting.

Volume.

Plenty of rumors covering any scenario with those two airplanes. Nothing concrete.

Plenty of 757's already purchased. P2F conversions are moving way too slow. Third airplane was due this week but is delayed.
All the DC10's on the line as of this summer will be converted. They will be parked in Italy in February until the contractor is ready for them. We'll have over 80 of them total.

There is an option for 15 more 777's, but what I'm keeping an eye on is the P to F program that Boeing is working on. We've bought some options on that as well.....
Any of the new planes getting interesting names from the famous list?

Some of you know my real name. If there is a FedEx plane with that same name, I'm going to be tickled pink for a long time.
Quote: Any of the new planes getting interesting names from the famous list?

Some of you know my real name. If there is a FedEx plane with that same name, I'm going to be tickled pink for a long time.
Tickled Pink. Is that your real name?
I flew one the other day with the name Shinheekqa, is that it?
Quote: Any of the new planes getting interesting names from the famous list?

Nope, but I'll see if I can have your name painted on an intake, you know, kinda like a silhouette of a MIG?
Quote: A couple of questions regarding FDX aircraft:
Why has FDX decided to retire "some" DC-10's and not convert to MD-10?
What would lead FDX to convert the B777 aircraft orders they have to confirmed? Any rumors about more B777's or even the A380 Freighter program being brought back? How is the search for all of those B757's going?
Rumor has it that by 2025, FedEx will be an all 757/777 airline. Of course by then, JJ and I will be in the professional lawn bowling league, over 70 division. I wonder if they have "groupies"?
Quote: Rumor has it that by 2025, FedEx will be an all 757/777 airline. Of course by then, JJ and I will be in the professional lawn bowling league, over 70 division. I wonder if they have "groupies"?
Yep....

Quote: Yep....

Looks like flight attendants waiting for the bus in Narita.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to