UPS furlough discussion, Facts and Opinion

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 11 of 12
Go to
Quote: There is absolutely nothing illegal about an individual not picking up open time.
Completely agree. However, you openly strategize an open time ban on a union server and the equation changes dramatically. So, how many days back are the server backup files kept anyways?

Inquiring minds (at the NMB) might want to know.
Quote: Completely agree. However, you openly strategize an open time ban on a union server and the equation changes dramatically. So, how many days back are the server backup files kept anyways?

Inquiring minds (at the NMB) might want to know.
You should go back and re-read this thread - people were saying that IF there's a furlough we shouldn't be picking up open time - an action that's supported by our contract.

I and some others were simply saying that we shouldn't even be talking about it on APC or other open forums as they are, as you proved, open to others as well. Again, people were looking into what actions to take IF there is a furlough, nothing more and nothing less...
From this video China Watch: Boeing, UPS Bet on China Recovery BA,DAL,FDX,LMT,NOC,UAUA,UPS - TheStreet TV , it seems to me that UPS isn't thinking the downturn is going to last long.

-Fatty
Open time bans have not been completely tested in the court system. As for AA there was a "sick out", completely different thing.
Quote: Open time bans have not been completely tested in the court system. As for AA there was a "sick out", completely different thing.
I agree, that is why I'm glad our contract language changes the venue for this issue from the court system and towards the grievance process.
Quote: Open time bans have not been completely tested in the court system. As for AA there was a "sick out", completely different thing.
Don't mean to jump in, but if I remember correctly, Teamster 1224 quit picking up open time once and went to court after ABX whined. I believe they won. You might look it up.
Quote: Don't mean to jump in, but if I remember correctly, Teamster 1224 quit picking up open time once and went to court after ABX whined. I believe they won. You might look it up.
You are correct sir!
Posted this a few days ago on another thread. See last post on the page.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/ca...tml#post485919
Just call IBT 1224 President Dave Ross...
Easy HVY,

Have Bob Miller give Captain Ross a call, and get the info from the horse's mouth.

Take Care,

B727DRVR
there are lots of links to other web sites on this thread....Will a Moderator PLEASE close this thread?
If you think a post violates TOS, it's best to report it using the red triangle thingy in the lower left corner of the screen. Make your case as to why the post violates TOS.

Personally, I don't see how links to other sites that aren't advertising is a TOS violation.
7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 11 of 12
Go to