ALPA Press Release on the MESA Contract Ratification

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote:
ALPA represents 53,000 pilots at 37 airlines in the U.S. and Canada..... ALPA puts a smile on when ever our dues checks cash. It is a completely worthless entity, one that I am fed up with.

I thought ALPA had over 50 airlines. Obviously USA and AWE are gone, and airlines that dissolved are gone, too (ATA, Aloha, etc). And DAL and NWA now make one airline.

Anybody know what the peak membership was?
Quote: 18 votes, good guess. Seriously, impressive.

Mason-

I have never seen such a video, nor have I slept on an airplane during my time at Mesa.

ALPA puts a smile on when ever our dues checks cash. It is a completely worthless entity, one that I am fed up with.

The video was on your MEC/ALPA website. I've seen it. It was your MEC saying to look professional and not disheveled after sleeping on the plane.
Quote: The video was on your MEC/ALPA website. I've seen it. It was your MEC saying to look professional and not disheveled after sleeping on the plane.
I saw the video and was embarassed. The union's intent was as you say but it was almost as if they were condoning the scheduling practice. Also last time I flew the line there were some embarassingly disheveled pilots walking around.
Quote: I saw the video and was embarassed. The union's intent was as you say but it was almost as if they were condoning the scheduling practice. Also last time I flew the line there were some embarassingly disheveled pilots walking around.
It called "living on your knees"...........after a while, you don't even recognize it anymore. It appears the Mesa ALPA leadership (and many of their pilots) are suffering from the Stockholm Syndrome and are beyond hope.

Sad to see, but you can't rationalize this. The Mesa ALPA leadership endorsed this, the majority of the pilots chose it and so it is a world they can accept. When one sees the political spin by national to try and make a sows ear into a silk purse, I can only wince.

This pilot group won't do any better under even more trying circumstances in the future when most (if not all) of Mesa's contracts are bounced. Mesa can write all Delta flying off with certainty at the first opportunity it can and UAL isn't far behind.

Sorry to say, but it's all over for this group of pilots. Many of us predicted this as the writing on the wall was obvious.

RIP Mesa pilots.
Paxhauler gets it. The only guys that made out ok were the mec/union leadership. It's the same at all regionals.
Mesa Pilots Ratify New Contract with Significant Gains

PCC Aviation News Clip - PILOT CAREER CENTRE - pilotcareercentre.com - UPDATED DAILY
I am so excited. We passed the worst contract in the industry. We should all be very proud.
Thanx IAH and PHX pilots
Most IAD pilots voted against this. IAH and PHX thanx for selling us out.
Seriously? You dig up an 8 year old thread?
Quote: Seriously? You dig up an 8 year old thread?
Funny thing is that this thread is still applicable to their new contract.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to