Fed Ex, Fedex, FedEx, FEDEX, FDX, Fed X

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
A guy that I used to work line service with had a shirt that read:

"FedSex: When you absolutely have to get it overnight"
I thought the identifer FM was changed several years back. Now the cans are marked FX.
Have you noticed the arrow formed between the E and x letters?
www.fedex.com
Rodney Dangerfield: "My daughter's called Fedex, because when she gets somewhere she absolutely positively has to be there overnight...."
To Trash Hauler 1: I sent you a PM.
I thought the identifer FM was changed several years back.

Correct. Didn't use the FM too long.
Quote: A guy that I used to work line service with had a shirt that read:

"FedSex: When you absolutely have to get it overnight"
Check out the pic. I don't think that is a guy wearing it!

So which one of you smart guys knows why the company name was changed a number of years ago from Federal Express to FedEx Express? I know that Tony knows. He does appear to know almost everything. No kidding.
Seems to me it happened about the same time they started the Fedex Ground and the Fedex Custom Critical. But it happened before Fedex Kinkos. Put down the Sudoko and look for a pattern. Hint: the company is Fedex the division is Express.

Lag
Quote: So which one of you smart guys knows why the company name was changed a number of years ago from Federal Express to FedEx Express? I know that Tony knows. He does appear to know almost everything. No kidding.
There was an interesting 3 page article in the Washington Post on exactly this subject when Federal Express officially became FedEx Express. The short version of the story was that everybody already referred to the company (in slang) as FedEx anyway. the name change was considered by high powered advertising executives as quite forward thinking. At the time I don't believe (or at least I don't remember?) there was yet any discussion if the other FedEx companies, i.e FedEx Ground, FedEx Custom Ctitical, etc ... but no doubt that also was part of the plan at the time, to use the FedEx brand name to expand the company.

I'll try to find the article on the internet and post it ...

Regards ...

Mark
Quote:
So which one of you smart guys knows why the company name was changed a number of years ago from Federal Express to FedEx Express? I know that Tony knows. He does appear to know almost everything. No kidding.

It did not change from Federal Express to FedEx Express.

It first changed from Federal Express to FedEx.

Later, the name FedEx Express came along, but that was part of a much bigger corporate change.

1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to