How long did you tread water??

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Greetings,

I originally asked this question in another forum but I thought I would ask it as a separate thread so I could get more responses. Thanks for advance for your input.
------
Originally Posted by DaveP2
How long is the "swim" in the hiring pool for both FedEx and UPS? Is it "first in - first out" or is the time in the pool based on the qualifications and hours of the new hire?

Thanks in advance.
------
P.S.

Let's see if this thread generates the same flame as my "FedEx 100%" thread did !
UPS Pool
Swam in the UPS pool for about 41 months.

UPS was not hiring for 38 of those months.

Tipsy
Pool
I only did 6 months in the pool.

Quote: Swam in the UPS pool for about 41 months.

UPS was not hiring for 38 of those months.

Tipsy
I was hired and given a class date on the spot.
I know one individual that was in the hiring pool for 4 years. Interviewed initially pre-9/11, and finally got a class date in Summer 2005. Hope that you don't have to wait that long.

Incidentally, there are about 70 currently in the pool.
Quote: I know one individual that was in the hiring pool for 4 years. Interviewed initially pre-9/11...
Reference my above post, what you describe is essentially what I experienced.

There were only four classes in that 41 months prior to my class date.

Tipsy
Thanks for the input so far guys!

Are there any FedEx types that want to weigh in on this? Also, do you think the wait times for the current poolies will be longer, shorter or the same as yours? And do the prior quals of the new hire make any difference on that time?
Question for UPS pilots: But do they like to hire cargo 135 guy's or prefer 121 pilots? Also any other advice of getting on with UPS would be greatly appreciated?
no clue but all i can ssay is , dont quit your other job till the def have that class date
14 months and stopped counting
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to